★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Eat Everything in the World!

Munch your way through 60 levels and over 140 objects.

Control a tiny ball of grey goo with the ability to eat anything smaller than itself. The more it eats, the bigger it gets! Soon you'll be able to eat the entire planet!

The grey goo was originally created as a bathroom cleaner. It was only supposed to eat dirt and bacteria - cleaning your bathroom automatically. Instead it eats anything that it touches: dirt, bacteria, bugs, fish, mice, cats, dogs, cars, trees, houses, planets, galaxies... Everything!

Supports all iPhone and iPod Touch models. Tested on iOS 3 and iOS 4. Supports the Retina Display.

strivemind's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

This game was awesome for the PC. It's basically a 2D version of Katamari Damacy. Really great.
02-01-2011, 09:31 PM
it looks quite fun!

02-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Great game. Controls are flawless. Only thing needed is Game Center for achievements. Hopefully this will be added in an update...

Game Center ID: Snooptalian
02-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Game Impressions

Huge potential but this is seriously hampered by jerky, inconsistent movement and scrolling. I realize that that to an extent the illusion of jerkiness is created due to the way your blob is "pulled" toward items when it gets near them, but that aside there are distinct frame rate stutters as well, mostly when a new object enters the screen. Additionally, the movement of the blob is "wobbly," which possibly is intentional but in my view not a good design choice if so.

The game is tremendous fun to play and super addictive. The technical issues however really must be ironed out completely for it to reach its full potential.
02-02-2011, 01:31 AM
Looks a bit like I love Katamari.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
02-24-2011, 11:22 AM
I find it strange how this game is in the #1 spot in the Canadian Store but no where close to the top spot in the US Store.

02-24-2011, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
I find it strange how this game is in the #1 spot in the Canadian Store but no where close to the top spot in the US Store.
Yeah I noticed that too. Very weird.
Maybe the developer is Canadian, and getting everyone and their uncle to buy a copy? Or Canadians just have a secret desire to devour the universe?

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
03-15-2011, 05:02 AM
Update New Version 1.2

What's New in Version 1.2
If you have an iPad, be sure to try out "Tasty Planet HD". We just released it and it is available on the iPad App Store.

In this release of Tasty Planet we've made a number of improvements as requested by players.

Bug fix: We cleaned up a memory leak that was potentially causing the game to crash.

Joystick size: You can increase or decrease the size of the virtual joystick. This allows for more or less sensitivity.

In-game leaderboards and achievements: You can now check out your Game Center progress from within the game (accessed on the main menu). This is especially handy if you have an older device without multitasking.

Facebook and Twitter: We added Facebook and Twitter buttons to the title screen. If you enjoy Tasty Planet, be sure to "like" or "follow" us to get news on our latest games.

Last edited by uramaDJ; 03-15-2011 at 05:02 AM. Reason: editing
03-15-2011, 05:06 AM
Looks great! Will definitely be bringing this onto my iPad! Keep up the awesome work!
03-16-2011, 12:00 AM
I played the iPod version for over 30 minutes tonight! It is highly addictive and quite fun. I haven't had any problems with the controls and the whole package is great (graphics, music, cartoon cutscenes, control, etc). The only thing I have any complaint with is that the gold and silver medals can be really, really hard to get as the amount of things to eat is somewhat random. Of course, you don't need a medal to continue so that is rather nice.

Do medals actually accomplish anything, besides getting achievements?

Tasty Planet is highly recommended!!