★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ******NEW UPDATES TO RETRO PINBALL*******
SEVEN classic tables have been added to Retro Pinball iOS version! Enjoy new in-game features like Game Center!

Originally hailed as one of the best pinball games ever to be made for the PC...

One of the most successful shareware games alongside such industry classics as Duke Nukem 3D, Doom and Wolfenstein 3D is Digital Extremes 1993 title reborn as Retro Pinball.

Retro Pinball now includes 10 classic tables (Cyborgirl, Deep Sea, Excalibur, Magic, Pot-of-Gold, Space Journey, Toy Factory, Crash and Burn, Super Android and Pangea).

From original creator James Schmalz, Retro Pinball now includes new tables to iOS, updated graphics and spectacular sound to enhance your gaming experience. Play now on your favorite Apple iOS device!

Ten classic tables to play on - Cyborgirl, Deep Sea, Excalibur, Magic, Pot-of-Gold, Space Journey, Toy Factory, Super Android, Crash and Burn and Pangea

Now includes Game Center Leaderboards

Enhanced Game Play with additional Ball Packs

Updated graphics and sound augment Retro Pinball action

Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch (iOS v3.2 or better)

Save and beat your high scores
02-02-2011, 01:46 AM
Wowzers. I'm going to have to grab that at some point. I might dig out the DOS emulator first, and see if it's as good as I remember.

02-02-2011, 01:53 AM
Originally Posted by bunglez View Post
Wowzers. I'm going to have to grab that at some point. I might dig out the DOS emulator first, and see if it's as good as I remember.
FWIW, I downloaded the game and gave it a go. It feels a LOT like the original Epic Pinball. So much so, that I had to look up screenshots of the original to remind myself of the differences.

As for whether or not the original was a good game or not, I'll say this: It was incredible for its time. Absolutely a splendid piece of work. By today's standards it may be ramp heavy with not enough targets, but I think the game still holds up well.

What do you get when you cross Robotron with Bomberman? - Coverfire HD
02-02-2011, 02:00 AM
Well, if you like pinball games, you can't have too many of them anyway especially a retro remake like this

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
02-02-2011, 03:32 AM
Well that sounds great. I really enjoyed the original, and like Prab said you can't have too many pinball games. I had a whole shelf of Pinball games for the Amiga, and then then PC back in their glory days.

I love Pinball Dreams and Pinball Fantasies. They put some of the newer iOS pinball titles to shame imho. This looks like another substance over style outing, so I'm going to go for it. Will add my review once i've had a good play.

P.S. Gamecenter Achievements are very addictive, even for people that hate pinball. Great for being found on the appstore too. hint hint.
02-02-2011, 03:35 AM
Game Impressions

I like this, but I like minimalistic, no frills tables. Technically though, the game is nicely made: smooth frame rate, believable ball movement, and in particular very nice sounds. If these tables look like fun to you, buy with confidence.
02-02-2011, 03:51 AM
Bought this this morning and love it. I'm a big fan of the old computer pinball games like Dreams and Fantasies and this fits right in with those. It's very well made as well - as Gabrien says above, it has a smooth frame rate and runs well. Graphics look lovely on my 3rd Gen Touch too.
02-02-2011, 06:38 AM
Awesome. Bought and Downloading it now.

The other two tables were not exactly popular ones when the Epic Pinball collection came out. But Super Android was probably the best out of all of them.

Digital Extremes is the creator..huh? Same who did the "Extreme Pinball" retail game all those years ago? right? Any chance of re-releasing those tables, the Rock Fantasy and the Medieval Knight tables(along with Super Android and Enigma) probably 4 of my all time retro favorite pinball tables.

Well here is to awesome beginnings! Looking forward to more!!
02-02-2011, 06:54 AM
Putting the word "Android" in up-front and center? Oh well...

Aside, 3 tables, universal for US$0.99, it sounds nice, but may be even better if more will be added later.

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
02-02-2011, 07:52 AM
looks cool - bought and dl'd to ipad - yet to play it though - I have fond memories of the PC version