★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Jailbroken iPhone in for Repairs

03-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Jailbroken iPhone in for Repairs

I was told that before I give it to the Genius guys, the uniit cannot be Jailbroken and must be updated to 2.2.1. Question is, how do I retain all of my software, apps, and content on my Jailbroken iPhone so I don't have to re-download everything? Also, is updating to 2.2.1 a bad, un-jailbreakable update?

I downloaded AptBackup but I'm not sure exactly what it does... I'm sure it backs up something

Help would be appreciated, thanks.
03-29-2009, 12:24 AM
no, 2.2.1 is totally fine (im running it now.) Heres what you should do.

Use Apt Backup to backup all of your cydia apps. Then upgrade to 2.2.1 using the restore method. Do whatever repairs needed, then re jailbreak your device. Install AptBackup again and then you can restore all of the previous cydia apps you had on it.

Im actually not 100 percent on this because i havent used it myself, but i have read about it and im 90 percent sure that this is what you do.

For a second opinion just google it or check youtube for a video tutorial.
03-29-2009, 12:26 AM
Nevermind, I did all the work for ya

Youtube link | Pop Up
03-29-2009, 12:26 AM
No, I don't think you can retain your game saves, but the app backup app might work, I never tried it. To answer your other question, quickpwn has a 2.2.1 jailbreaker, which I have

http://www.tenfingersclub.com for fair reviews and the occasional promo code giveaway.
Car Jack Streets is out!!!!Link
Looking forward: Bethesda game, Terminator
I'm Playing Galaxy of fire 3D, Galcon, Watchmen: Justice is Coming, and Black Shades