02-03-2011, 01:54 AM
Guiding arrow goes away after you purchase it. Weird design choice by Gameloft. Okay... Impressions.

First, this game is okay looking. It is pretty, but it's bare and doesn't have dynamic shadows and great textures. But, graphics aren't everything!

Gameplay- Pretty good. It's kinda a mixture of dungeon hunter and spider man. Just a hack and slash with one attack and dodge. It's pretty entertaining and fun. Fast paced, but really easy unless you get rushed by like 10 guys. Everything else is like Zelda though. This is an open world game that has very small load times every once in a while. You also run around, break pots to get money, ride a horse, etc. It is like a very basic version of Zelda.

Sound- music and voice acting are very good. Huge step up for Gameloft. Kudos.

All in all, I can say this is pretty good. Most comparable game would be... Ravensword probably. If you want an iOS Zelda, this is an okay version. It would be a great version, but the only thing I can think of is how great Darksiders and the real Zelda games are.

But once again, it's the best we've got for now. Check out the demo at least. It opens up a lot more later and seems to have a lot of content. Just don't expect this to be as good as OoT. You'll be let down.

If I sound a little negative, it's because I compared it to the above mentioned games. But if you want an iOS openworld adventure game, look no further.
7.5/10

Funny Videos! My Youtube Channel
Check it out!
Proud Beta Tester of- The Infinity Project and Mission Europa
Fav. Games on PS3- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Portal, HalfLife2, Uncharted 2
02-03-2011, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Hey, at least they're stealing from movies now, rather than other games. (Keep in mind too that George Lucas stole a lot, too.)
O well, don't be so serious...every saga has a beginning.

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)

02-03-2011, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
O well, don't be so serious...every saga has a beginning.
And Most Beginnings are usually crammed down hollywood's throat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Orlandosan"
True, but when your downloading apps at the itunes store, your basically stealing without buying!
02-03-2011, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Guiding arrow goes away after you purchase it. Weird design choice by Gameloft. Okay... Impressions.

First, this game is okay looking. It is pretty, but it's bare and doesn't have dynamic shadows and great textures. But, graphics aren't everything!

Gameplay- Pretty good. It's kinda a mixture of dungeon hunter and spider man. Just a hack and slash with one attack and dodge. It's pretty entertaining and fun. Fast paced, but really easy unless you get rushed by like 10 guys. Everything else is like Zelda though. This is an open world game that has very small load times every once in a while. You also run around, break pots to get money, ride a horse, etc. It is like a very basic version of Zelda.

All in all, I can say this is pretty good. Most comparable game would be... Ravensword probably. If you want an iOS Zelda, this is an okay version. It would be a great version, but the only thing I can think of is how great Darksiders and the real Zelda games are.

But once again, it's the best we've got for now. Check out the demo at least. It opens up a lot more later and seems to have a lot of content. Just don't expect this to be as good as OoT. You'll be let down.

If I sound a little negative, it's because I compared it to the above mentioned games. But if you want an iOS openworld adventure game, look no further.
7.5/10
dude, this review is spot-on. these are my *exact* thoughts

Playin the quest, or any of the numerous, awesome expansions? Are you stuck? If you need any help, feel free to PM me or email at "my user name" @gmail.com
I'm happy to help -GLLive, Marshall_B I have starfront , add me!
02-03-2011, 03:16 AM
I can't find it in the german AppStore.. What's up gameloft?

Edit: ok, just found it. Was just the link from the TA mainpage that didn't work for me..

Last edited by Honkmonk; 02-03-2011 at 03:26 AM.
02-03-2011, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post

7.5/10
Sweet! Can't wait to play the iPad ver. Thanks for the constructive and honest impressions.

Current Vice: GoF2HD, Bastion, PvZ, Dead Space iPad, FFDim, FFIV, WoGoo, Solomon's Keep, Hook Champ
02-03-2011, 03:52 AM
Brilliant game,demo seemed very short so had to buy full game,very good presentation cant see any glitching or annoying juddery camera angles
Back to playing

Check out my new website for everything Vita!!
please follow me on TWITTER
Am i man? or a very manly muppet??
02-03-2011, 06:18 AM
So I'm a few hours in to this so far and it basically seems like Darksiders if you stripped out everything that made Darksiders cool... Kind of par for the course for most Gameloft games. I agree with Hitch in that the Gameloft engine is really starting to show its age. It will be interesting to see what they do in the future in the face of much better looking games as Gameloft's engine got leapfrogged in a big way by more recent releases.
02-03-2011, 07:50 AM
I am seeing mixed answers,

The arrow stays after you unlocked the full version.
The arrow is gone after you unlocked the full version.

So... what is it?

I did playthe first part, and waiting for the Ipad version.
02-03-2011, 08:29 AM
Is this game constantly asking for your guys' iTunes password, or is it just me?