App description: "The combination of a quality story, good combat, tough puzzles, and amazing production values make Sacred Odyssey: Rise of Ayden well worth your time and money." - SlidetoPlay.com, 4/4.

Plunge into the most ambitious Action RPG ever released on iOS! Become Ayden, a young hero chosen by the god Uryah to save the kingdom of Lasgalen from the Apocalypse. Sacred Odyssey: Rise of Ayden is an amazing adventure in a majestic world that will fascinate you for countless hours.

Take your first steps on this epic adventure for FREE. Then, if youre ready to take up the challenge, unlock the full game through in-app purchase.
** IMPORTANT: ONCE PURCHASED, THE GAME CAN BE DELETED AND REINSTALLED FREELY ON ANY COMPATIBLE DEVICE REGISTERED TO YOUR ACCOUNT.

** Confirm that your device is compatible. This game is only compatible with 3rd and 4th generations of iPod touch (16/32/64GB) devices along with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPad. Before downloading, please check the back of your device to make sure that it meets the system requirements.

A TIMELESS LEGEND
- The peace of the world is now being threatened. Reunite the 4 fragments of Uryahs Grail and gain supernatural powers to defeat Amonbane, the dark lord at the heart of Lasgalens suffering.
- The fight against the demonic Amonbane will mean difficult decisions for Ayden, and Princess Lyanora will help him throughout. But when the moment comes to save the world, will Ayden be ready to make the greatest sacrifice?

AN EPIC ADVENTURE IN A FANTASTIC OPEN WORLD
- Ride your horse, Miya, across the expansive plains of the kingdom and launch powerful sword strikes as you gallop through fields of enemies. Your journey will introduce you to many locations and foes.
- Defeat evil creatures in the Plains of Urvale, fend off enormous bosses in the icy Temple of Altemagus and the volcanic Firepitch Keep to ultimately face Amonbane himself in the royal halls of Kivira Castle.

ALL THE GREATNESS OF A TRUE ACTION/RPG
- Begin your journey with but a simple sword, acquiring new weapons and abilities along the way. Soon, you will wield the Sacred Shield, Locrian Hawk (boomerang), the Nagual Cobra (grappling hook) and even the platinum Gauntlet of Brakor.
- Each new piece of equipment will grant you access to new areas, new techniques and greater danger. They will even help you to overcome the many enigmas and challenges you face.

Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

The IAP in this game works like most other games in that you buy it once, and can always unlock it later using your iTunes account information. Nothing is consumable at all. The game is free to download, but to play any more than the demo you need to pay the normal Gameloft price to access the rest of the game.

For further info and discussion about this hella confusing IAP use this thread instead please. Thanks!

Retina ScreenShot
(click to enlarge)

International version : http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/sacred-odyssey-rise-of-ayden/id414644949?mt=8
02-02-2011, 05:48 AM
Just get myself a NZ a/c and now waiting...

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
02-02-2011, 05:53 AM
Okay, so the "mini game is very short. A message suddenly popped up advising me to buy the full game and returned me to the main menu. This happened after a couple of fights only.

That left a mini game about keeping little creatures away from your sheep.

řƹȡ1

02-02-2011, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1 View Post
Okay, so the "mini game is very short. A message suddenly popped up advising me to buy the full game and returned me to the main menu. This happened after a couple of fights only.

That left a mini game about keeping little creatures away from your sheep.
So it's basically a demo version with say 15 minutes of free play and then you'd have to purchase the full version.
02-02-2011, 07:35 AM
I think the control is fine and it is smoother than Spiderman on my IPT4, it is kinda strange.

I agree with Square0 on most of the points, but some how I find the attack sector is quite wide and it is directional. Mounted action is great.

I don't mind the RPG-sic games like Zedla on NDS, without stats as such, as long as the game is long and world is large.

Waiting for more impressions.

P.S. Move your hate to IAP elsewehere, please.

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
02-02-2011, 07:35 AM
I'm sorry for saying this but, why doesn't gameloft just start using Unreal Engine, i know they won't make as much money but more people will buy it and they don't have to spend as much time learning the engine as creating the engine. I'm saying this because most of their new games need a newer device so why not just make the move to Unreal Engine then. I hope Gameloft don't start using this IAP because less people will unlock the full games, or maybe this is one of Gameloft's test to see what new ways they can distribute/make games.

Last edited by leslie2233; 02-02-2011 at 07:36 AM. Reason: misspelling
02-02-2011, 07:38 AM
Well...dang. I suppose when Gameloft moves on to other devices, it's time you did too.
02-02-2011, 07:50 AM
Anyways its finally here - ps is the gameplay/fighting similar to hero of sparta 2 ?

I worry sometimes about buying Gameloft games, cause they often do everything right, but half way through their games, it sometimes feels like something is missing has anyone else had this exp ?

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 02-02-2011 at 03:54 PM. Reason: clean up
02-02-2011, 08:00 AM
Complete playthrough of the demo (took me about 10 minutes) comming soon...
02-02-2011, 08:07 AM
sheep and goblins? I knew we were ahead of our time...
02-02-2011, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCM View Post
sheep and goblins? I knew we were ahead of our time...
You make me sick when you post stuff like this. Why not relax and let people defend Aralon as always. Grr

Game center : Mcelotto
Gameloft: AngelMichael