App description: "The combination of a quality story, good combat, tough puzzles, and amazing production values make Sacred Odyssey: Rise of Ayden well worth your time and money." - SlidetoPlay.com, 4/4.

Plunge into the most ambitious Action RPG ever released on iOS! Become Ayden, a young hero chosen by the god Uryah to save the kingdom of Lasgalen from the Apocalypse. Sacred Odyssey: Rise of Ayden is an amazing adventure in a majestic world that will fascinate you for countless hours.

Take your first steps on this epic adventure for FREE. Then, if youre ready to take up the challenge, unlock the full game through in-app purchase.
** IMPORTANT: ONCE PURCHASED, THE GAME CAN BE DELETED AND REINSTALLED FREELY ON ANY COMPATIBLE DEVICE REGISTERED TO YOUR ACCOUNT.

** Confirm that your device is compatible. This game is only compatible with 3rd and 4th generations of iPod touch (16/32/64GB) devices along with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPad. Before downloading, please check the back of your device to make sure that it meets the system requirements.

A TIMELESS LEGEND
- The peace of the world is now being threatened. Reunite the 4 fragments of Uryahs Grail and gain supernatural powers to defeat Amonbane, the dark lord at the heart of Lasgalens suffering.
- The fight against the demonic Amonbane will mean difficult decisions for Ayden, and Princess Lyanora will help him throughout. But when the moment comes to save the world, will Ayden be ready to make the greatest sacrifice?

AN EPIC ADVENTURE IN A FANTASTIC OPEN WORLD
- Ride your horse, Miya, across the expansive plains of the kingdom and launch powerful sword strikes as you gallop through fields of enemies. Your journey will introduce you to many locations and foes.
- Defeat evil creatures in the Plains of Urvale, fend off enormous bosses in the icy Temple of Altemagus and the volcanic Firepitch Keep to ultimately face Amonbane himself in the royal halls of Kivira Castle.

ALL THE GREATNESS OF A TRUE ACTION/RPG
- Begin your journey with but a simple sword, acquiring new weapons and abilities along the way. Soon, you will wield the Sacred Shield, Locrian Hawk (boomerang), the Nagual Cobra (grappling hook) and even the platinum Gauntlet of Brakor.
- Each new piece of equipment will grant you access to new areas, new techniques and greater danger. They will even help you to overcome the many enigmas and challenges you face.

Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

The IAP in this game works like most other games in that you buy it once, and can always unlock it later using your iTunes account information. Nothing is consumable at all. The game is free to download, but to play any more than the demo you need to pay the normal Gameloft price to access the rest of the game.

For further info and discussion about this hella confusing IAP use this thread instead please. Thanks!

Retina ScreenShot
(click to enlarge)

International version : http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/sacred-odyssey-rise-of-ayden/id414644949?mt=8
02-02-2011, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcelotto View Post
You make me sick when you post stuff like this. Why not relax and let people defend Aralon as always. Grr
He's talking about ravensword...
02-02-2011, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie2233 View Post
I'm sorry for saying this but, why doesn't gameloft just start using Unreal Engine, i know they won't make as much money...
You should have stopped here.

02-02-2011, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCM View Post
sheep and goblins? I knew we were ahead of our time...
Actually, it's kobolds here. But yeah, definitely ahead of your time .
02-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Looks awful with FullForce. Hopefully the HD version looks better.

Kinda wish I hadn't gotten my hopes up so much about this one, I probably would've enjoyed it more.

Interesting move with the IAP, I don't think it'll catch on though. And if it does, you can bet someone out there will figure out how to pirate it. Still, it's nice to see them reacting to the issue, if piracy is the reason behind the IAP.
02-02-2011, 08:43 AM
So this is a free roam game, or just you unlock zones and have really no point of going back?
02-02-2011, 09:00 AM
Let's hope this'll be at least half decent, unlike 90% of Gameloft games.

I am so omniscient; if there were to be two omniscience's
I would be both!
02-02-2011, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by balu` View Post
let's hope this'll be at least half decent, unlike 90% of gameloft games.
50%!!!

:]

Twitter: @back2this
02-02-2011, 09:04 AM
Some screenshots I took:

Another game inwich no one could build a straight roof...

Yea, I hate them too! Oh wait, you mean the Kobolds? Naaah,they're fine. I mean, we didn't need the goats anyway...

King of the *yawn* Woooorrrrlllld!

No weird thoughts please.

The Weather today: foggy! (viw distance seems to vary from location to location)

Cutscenes may cause (unwanted side)effects!
Obviously the spiderman engine, that also had this motion blur effect...

Last edited by Der-Kleine; 02-02-2011 at 09:06 AM.
02-02-2011, 09:12 AM
02-02-2011, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarypharaoh View Post
Is there more puzzle-orientated gameplay? i really liked the DS Zelda games (phantom hourglass and Spirit Tracks) so was kinda hoping for something along those lines? not just combat which gets old quickly.

P.s I'm well aware that my "gamers" license is now revoked having admitted in a public forum that I've never played any "real" Zelda games Don't worry, ill leave it on the mat on the way out!
The lite doesn't have any puzzles (it's basically a tutorial). But you can see a fair amount of gameplay in the trailer -- clearly the puzzles look very Zelda-like.