★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Choose your own adventure games

02-02-2011, 06:59 AM
Choose your own adventure games

I already play Cause of Death, Hysteria Project, and Surviving High School. What other good CYOA games are out there?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
I have all the gumballs!
02-02-2011, 07:25 AM
Ace Attorney is kinda like Cause of Death with additional courtroom scenes

02-02-2011, 09:30 AM
I downloaded one the other day called "Choice of the Dragon", it was okay. They make a few others that I didn't read, like Choice of the Vampire.

If you like gamebooks, there are a few good ones. I downloaded Fabled Lands the other day, and was extremely happy with it. There's also Gamebook Adventures, and Fighting Fantasy. Check those out.
02-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
I really like Alter Ego. It's a bit pricey, but it's worth multiple play-throughs. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/alter-ego/id329703516?mt=8

You can try it for free on the website. http://www.playalterego.com/

i'm a pretty kitty cat
02-02-2011, 01:27 PM
What happened last night? And Paranoia. Decent and free
02-22-2011, 09:24 AM
you guys should try fabled lands and the gamebook adventures.
they are excellent gamebooks!
02-22-2011, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by gustave154 View Post
you guys should try fabled lands and the gamebook adventures.
they are excellent gamebooks!
I am really looking forward to the new Gamebook Adventures and the iPhone version of Fabled Lands...

Nobody seems to have mentioned Star Breed, which is a great gamebook too.

The Fighting Fantasy gamebooks are terrific too, but they're not nearly as well adapted for iPhone as Gamebook Adventures. The writing and art in the FF series is really top notch though.

I thought about purchasing Choice of the Vampire but if it's as short as Choice of the Dragon it seems like it'd be kind of marginal value compared to some of the other gamebooks available.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
02-22-2011, 09:37 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Nullroar
The "Choice of" games (broadsides and dragon are both free) are fantastic choose-your-own-adventure purists, and DanFab's ChoiceScript allows for some serious versatility when it comes to adding in variables and remembering things like names etc.

I'm working on my own game with the Script, it's a ton of fun.

I've placed geocached DRM-free USB copies of my newest game in various locations throughout Europe and Southeastern US. Email me if you find 'em for the free "explorer" cape.
02-22-2011, 12:43 PM
Gamebook Adventures most definitely! It's got an achievement system, great page quality, unlockables and more.

Choice of Broadsides is also another good (free) one but nowhere near as high quality as Gamebook Adventures. It just has a good story.

Have a look at Naruto RPG!
Look at Gamebook Adventures for iPhone/iPod/iPad!
I do app descriptions for free
02-22-2011, 04:21 PM
The Fighting Fantasy series are good too - similar to the Gamebook Adventure series.

Game Designer, Web Developer, Jack-of-all-trades
Gamecenter ID: Delerium
Alt TA: LCDDreams