• Publisher: Bulkypix
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 64.9 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "In his cardboard cut-out world, a noble fearless knight travels his cardboard cut-out trail in search of frightened orphans, damsels in distress, and the occasional princess to save.
On his path lurk unspeakable dangers - hideous monsters, hellfire, and dark bottomless pits - that YOU have to overcome."

CardBoard Castle is a game of reflection and reflexes offering hours of exciting challenges in a madcap medieval world. All you have to do is power up your brainbox and help our intrepid hero vanquish his enemies.

In this paper world, the elements are on your side! If a dragon blocks your path, simply strike a match, and.. Poof! No more dragon! If a wall is proving tiresome, simple snip it down with scissors. Can you avoid the pitfalls and not wind up as papier-maché?

There are seven epic quests, boundless enemies and improbable allies a-plenty! Check out Endurance Mode, where you mark up the leagues and attempt to score record distances!

-------------------------------
CURIOUS? More info on:
-------------------------------
bulkypix.com
facebook.com/Bulkypix
twitter.com/Bulkypix
youtube.com/Bulkypix

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

iPhone Version : http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=83026
02-02-2011, 08:24 AM
Wow, this looks awesome! I will definitely be picking it up, come 11p this evening.

Video of iPhone version:

Youtube link | Pop Up

fap

Last edited by danrel; 02-02-2011 at 08:27 AM.

02-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danrel View Post
Wow, this looks awesome! I will definitely be picking it up, come 11p this evening.

I assume you're being sarcastic. Not only was the video terrible in that the person playing had no clue what he was doing, but it also displayed what seemed like many technical flaws. Looks far from awesome.

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper
02-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooVyper View Post
I assume you're being sarcastic. Not only was the video terrible in that the person playing had no clue what he was doing, but it also displayed what seemed like many technical flaws. Looks far from awesome.
Yeah, I found the video afterward and added it to my initial, excited post. I'll reserve my judgement for when it's actually out though...

EDIT: After watching the video again a couple more times, I think that I will indeed be picking this up tonight. The graphic style looks killer and the puzzles look to be pretty interesting.

Just out of curiosity, what technical flaws in particular did you see in the video?

fap

Last edited by danrel; 02-02-2011 at 01:26 PM.
02-02-2011, 05:16 PM
To Bulkypix... Please post a new video asap... This one is making your game look really bad!

One decent video and if it is as good as I am hoping, it will be mine!

Now Playing: Framed | RGB Express | Spider-man Unlimited | The Wolf Among Us
02-02-2011, 07:00 PM
This one looks really fun, and I might pick it up without a video even. I love the artwork, and the puzzle concept is neat.

Couple of good games coming out tonight; I'm looking forward to ten o'clock tonight !

I'm an app-oholic! And there's no 12-step program...
IAPs = I Ain't Purchasing, son !
02-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quebecotr View Post
This one looks really fun, and I might pick it up without a video even. I love the artwork, and the puzzle concept is neat.

Couple of good games coming out tonight; I'm looking forward to ten o'clock tonight !
Picked it up earlier and yes it is a very fun and clever puzzle game well worth a download
02-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danrel View Post
Yeah, I found the video afterward and added it to my initial, excited post. I'll reserve my judgement for when it's actually out though...

EDIT: After watching the video again a couple more times, I think that I will indeed be picking this up tonight. The graphic style looks killer and the puzzles look to be pretty interesting.

Just out of curiosity, what technical flaws in particular did you see in the video?
After watching it again, it may just be more of the player combined with the UI. Manipulating objects in the environment seemed sluggish and just overall "odd."

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper
02-02-2011, 11:39 PM
The game is interesting but not stable so far (it froze two times), though I’ll restart the iPAD later to see if it does the trick.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
02-03-2011, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
Picked it up earlier and yes it is a very fun and clever puzzle game well worth a download
Thanks for the response. I downloaded it just a bit ago; can't wait to see how it plays. I see someone mentioned a couple of freezes, but maybe it's just a restart issue.

I'm an app-oholic! And there's no 12-step program...
IAPs = I Ain't Purchasing, son !