★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Skotos Tech
  • Genre: Card
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 19.3 MB
  • Version: 1.20
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: From Michael Schacht, the award-winning designer of Coloretto and Zooloretto, a very clever set-collection game.

You start the game with a single donkey card and from there must adroitly swap, take, and (occasionally) steal cards in order to acquire highly-valued trios. The donkeys can be great when you're prospecting for gold, but scoring them is worth negative points, so you must plan your moves with care!

Three different opponents, each with their own personality, challenge you at a variety of difficulty levels to make the game very replayable.

Gold is built on the same successful MobileEuroCard platform that was used to create Reiner Knizia's High Society, Kingdoms, and Money. Simple gestures allow you to swap and take cards. Everything is animated, for a colorful play experience. And now, for the first time ever, we've added audio to our gaming toolkit with simple ambient sounds.

Gold is being simultaneously released on the iPhone and in print at the Nurnberg Toy Fair.

** Though this game supports GameCenter, it's currently only used for Achievements and LeaderBoards. Multiplayer play is expected for a future revision. **

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

02-02-2011, 09:37 AM
damn...a 3 dollar card game?

Plus+/openfeint: nesio718 Game Center: panama chief
Playing: this new iPad....DAT RETINA!!!
Waiting for: SALES!!!!

02-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesio718 View Post
damn...a 3 dollar card game?
That would be because it's universal not that 3 dollars is expensive in the first place
02-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
That would be because it's universal not that 3 dollars is expensive in the first place
$3 is alot for a card game. not expensive, but wheres the $3 in value?

02-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Quote:
$3 is alot for a card game. not expensive, but wheres the $3 in value?
That would depend on how good the card game is and would have endless replay value . Look at it this way how much would a physical set of cards cost and on top of that it sits in the same price range of most of the other card and Boardgames on IOS
02-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
That would depend on how good the card game is and would have endless replay value . Look at it this way how much would a physical set of cards cost and on top of that it sits in the same price range of most of the other card and Boardgames on IOS
true, guess i wouldnt know pricing cause i dont frequent this genre. my last "card" game was sword and poker 2. i know a guy who definitely will buy this game given its type. ill use his ipod to give the game a shot.

02-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Quote:
true, guess i wouldnt know pricing cause i dont frequent this genre. my last "card" game was sword and poker 2. i know a guy who definitely will buy this game given its type. ill use his ipod to give the game a shot.
Sounds like a good idea will be interesting to see how it plays as it's a brand new game the physical set is being released at the same time
02-02-2011, 03:06 PM
WIERD... I came across this on upcoming section of the devs website just last night and thought it looked interesting (They did a couple of the Knizia card games in the app store). Imagine my surprise to find out it's being released today

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn
02-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Is this an actual card game that's being made into an ios game? If so, has anyone played it?

XBox Gamertag, GC, OpenFeint, Plus+: tecwrtr
Senior Technical Writer - always happy to write reviews!
02-02-2011, 09:39 PM
From what I can tell, the physical card game is being released at the same time as this app, and the "author" of the card game is a well-respected Euro-game designer. The developers of the app, Skotos Tech (or RPG.net, I can't tell) also made Knizia's Money, High Society, and Kingdoms, all of which are great. This is an immediate download for me at 8:00 tonight.