★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Choosing between two tower defense and not sure help!

03-29-2009, 12:33 AM
Choosing between two tower defense and not sure help!

So I did see a thread earlier tonight about Tower Defense Games. But I have my choices narrowed down to 2. I either want The Creeps or Fieldrunners. I downloaded the lite version of The Creeps and liked it a lot. I like the animation and I like the theme. However, Field Runners has bee called the best iPhone game and best tower defense game. Both are the same price right now. I haven't played Field Runners so I don't know the gameplay. If anyone who has played both can tell me which one is better, i'd greatly appreciate it.
03-29-2009, 12:35 AM
Neither. Get 7 cities, then geodefense, then elementalmonster TD. All 3 equal one of those in price, yet they are much more fun.

03-29-2009, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman919 View Post
Neither. Get 7 cities, then geodefense, then elementalmonster TD. All 3 equal one of those in price, yet they are much more fun.
Neither. Get iTD, it's my favorite tower defense game.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
03-29-2009, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meder87 View Post
So I did see a thread earlier tonight about Tower Defense Games. But I have my choices narrowed down to 2. I either want The Creeps or Fieldrunners. I downloaded the lite version of The Creeps and liked it a lot. I like the animation and I like the theme. However, Field Runners has bee called the best iPhone game and best tower defense game. Both are the same price right now. I haven't played Field Runners so I don't know the gameplay. If anyone who has played both can tell me which one is better, i'd greatly appreciate it.
If you had to choose from those 2, get Fieldrunners. It has a temporary price drop and you can't go wrong with it. However both games are good so get them both eventually.

Last edited by darkhorse; 03-29-2009 at 12:41 AM.
03-29-2009, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
I do not own iTD. Ask around, 7 cities is the best TD. In that TD vote thread, im pretty sure it beat fieldrunners.
03-29-2009, 12:45 AM
+ 1 Elemental Monsters, i have 7 cities, but iunnno..the pirate theme is just..and there are not many animation on the units part, its just a image moving down with stuff shooting basically...and there will be no more updates..i have geodefense too..its nice yes and uve gota like the retro style. the best is Elemental it will last u long. and if u are willing to spend more than 99cents get field runners since it is very nicely done although a bit overhyped in my oppinion, however elemntal and field runners are sort of on the two extreme good ends of TD games, so i suggest u get both its only 99cents more..plus elemental's sale will end on the 30th!!! hurryyy
03-29-2009, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
QFTAMFT
quoted for the absolute most f'in truth.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
03-29-2009, 12:53 AM
Neither Fieldrunners nor The Creeps. Go with ElementalMonster TD, 7 Cities or my personal favorite Besiegement.

Besiegement is the only TD that offers free and fixed path maps so you have the option of placing your defenses wherever you want. It has plenty of levels and the graphics are great.
03-29-2009, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Albie View Post
Neither Fieldrunners nor The Creeps. Go with ElementalMonster TD, 7 Cities or my personal favorite Besiegement.

Besiegement is the only TD that offers free and fixed path maps so you have the option of placing your defenses wherever you want. It has plenty of levels and the graphics are great.
7 cities has fixed and free paths also. But let's not let this thread derail off topic. For fieldrunners vs. Creeps, I vote creeps. However, that is factoring cost. Sole gameplay wise, I'd go with Fieldrunners.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
03-29-2009, 12:58 AM
Get Fieldrunners. I love both The Creeps! and Fieldrunners but I think Fieldrunners is overall better as it allows you to design your own path. In The Creeps! and most TD games, the path is already there and you can't maneuver.

The Creeps! is also great, I tried the lite version and it was the game that made me love TD. I tried several games previously but none of them got me into the genre until The Creeps! I bought it when it was $0.99 and very heppy with my purchase.

I then bought Fieldrunners when it was $4.99 and I think it's worth every penny. It's a fun and lighthearted approach to the genre, the graphics and polish are top notch, and the animation is sweet. It has that X factor.

After Fieldrunners, I tried a few other TD lites, but haven't really found anything I love as much. However, I'm interested in Dungeon Defense and Hardgore.

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.