★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: The Void or Galaxy on Fire?

View Poll Results: The Void or Galaxy on Fire
The Void 4 20.00%
Galaxy on Fire 16 80.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll
03-29-2009, 01:00 AM
The Void or Galaxy on Fire?

First off... hello everyone. I just stumbled across these forums and have been reading through them for the last hour or so. So much great information... I wish I had found this site weeks ago. Would have saved me a ton on $$$ on crappy games.

So on to my question: Which game do you prefer? I've played through the lite version of the void and really enjoyed it. I was ready to buy the full version then saw the threads for Galaxy on Fire here. Now I'm torn... I don't want to buy both as each in kind of expensive.

For those of you that have played both; which do you like better? Which has more depth?

Thanks
03-29-2009, 01:05 AM
Galaxy on fire cos of the better graphics.

03-29-2009, 01:08 AM
Welcome to the forums. Typically a first post from a new member is a poll or question about what's the best game. I recommend the search feature to you, but I think this poll is actually decent.

Void and GoF both bring similar things to the table. Each has numerous levels/missions and content, but it would seem to me that GoF is more polished. There is a lite version of VOID that gives you a pretty good idea of what the game is about, but note that VOID is a 3D game on a 2D plain, while I *think* GoF is 3D gameplay.

Also, if you want to save more money, download AppSniper.

Edit: here's the link to VOID lite http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=301641126&mt=8

Last edited by VoodooVyper; 03-29-2009 at 01:17 AM.
03-29-2009, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooVyper View Post
Welcome to the forums. Typically a first post from a new member is a poll or question about what's the best game. I recommend the search feature to you, but I think this poll is actually decent.

Void and GoF both bring similar things to the table. Each has numerous levels/missions and content, but it would seem to me that GoF is more polished. There is a lite version of VOID that gives you a pretty good idea of what the game is about, but note that VOID is a 3D game on a 2D plain, while I *think* GoF is 3D gameplay.

Also, if you want to save more money, download AppSniper.
Regarding AppSniper, go with the free lite version. That should be all you need.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=302392066&mt=8
03-29-2009, 01:11 AM
The Void is more arcade-gameplay oriented than GoF. GoF does have a lot of action, but strategy is a big part of it, too.
03-29-2009, 01:15 AM
hmm, sounds like GoF might be the one to go with... it "looks" more polished and impressive, but I really enjoyed the lite version of the void.

and thanks for the advice on appsniper... downloading now.
03-29-2009, 01:19 AM
They're 2 different types of space action shooters. One is 2D and has more in common with Blue Attack! style games and the other features 3D dogfighting influenced by Wing Commander et al. Depends on your taste.

I say neither. These recent space games on the iPown have made me break out some old classics. I'm playing Starlancer on the Dreamcast and Colony Wars (PS1) on my PS3 on a 55" Sony LCD. Can't believe I haven't played these in 8 years or so. Don't want to get OT but since i've bought over 200 apps and the fact that i'm mostly home, i need to be more selective.

(i also can't believe that there has been no wing commander style games created for PS3 or XBOX360...)

i'm encouraged to see games like GOF2 coming out and they're only going to get better. key elements like difficulty levels and wobbly targeting need to be stronger.

Gravity is my game :: Top Slingshot Player and working to get my #1 spot in Orbital back...