★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Ladies and gentlemen of the Earth, we present Super Pixel Ball (formerly 8-bit Basketball). Super Pixel Ball is a free throw style game in the style of classic 1980's Nintendo games. Experience the fun of incredible all original retro music, retro graphics, and more! So much fun!

If you'd like to sample the game first, check out the new, free version - Free Pixel Ball out now on the App Store!

***FEATURES***
-Adorable, classic pixel graphics, vintage music and sound effects.

-Fight Mode! Take on the computer or your friends via Bluetooth or online! Curse them with devil balls! Or bless your own balls by sinking angel balls! Enjoy the HILARIOUS special balls that result!

-Most original free throw game ever! Get fireballs! Ice balls! Confused balls! Bouncy tires! Tiny balls! Huge balls! Even VAMPIRE BALLS!

-Play through multiple levels in free throw mode. They get harder as you go, with more animations, distractions, and crazy balls!

-Survival Mode - how long can you last?

-Fun physics, including backspin! You can also shoot as many balls as you want at a time, bounce balls off of other balls, and swipe down to "power bounce"!

-TONS of Game Center achievements and leaderboards!*

-Warm Up training mode

-Universal for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch! Buy it once, and have it on all devices!

-Retina display support for iPhone 4

So download Super Pixel Ball now and see what all the buzz is about! This game makes people happy!!

*Game Center stuff only works if your device/OS support it
02-03-2011, 03:35 AM
Game Impressions

Simply awesome little game. Anyone who is a fan of flickers needs to check this out.

02-03-2011, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Simply awesome little game. Anyone who is a fan of flickers needs to check this out.
Checking out now
02-03-2011, 04:38 AM
Pretty fun, chip tunes, basket moves, only 5 achievements.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
02-03-2011, 11:34 AM
I like this but it crashed on me during the fourth round.
02-03-2011, 01:55 PM
There are going to be a junk load of updates coming to this game in the very near future.
and darn you howlingwolf for beating me on the leaderboards
02-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesYourCatHaveAMustache View Post
There are going to be a junk load of updates coming to this game in the very near future.
and darn you howlingwolf for beating me on the leaderboards
Sorry lol that was my first attempt too . Looking forward to see what you come up with in the updates great little game love the 8 bit styling and sounds
02-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
Sorry lol that was my first attempt too . Looking forward to see what you come up with in the updates great little game love the 8 bit styling and sounds
bah! first time! haha
some updates are going to include.
new special balls
new backgrounds and levels
more achievements
blah blah blah

most importantly......more balls balls BALLS!
02-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
I've actually had a number of crashes as well since I last posted. Seemingly at random. It is particularly annoying since it kills any score in progress. Hope this is being looked into.
02-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Havnt had any crashes myself.
Are you running it with ipad?
and what version OS?