Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-03-2011, 05:59 AM
iPad

Default New Bust-A-Move (Puzzle Bobble) - (by TAITO) [v2.0 - New Story, New Game Mode]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

International Version : http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/new-puzzle-bobble/id405198306?mt=8

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 02-04-2011 at 02:12 AM..
Old 02-03-2011, 06:10 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

This looks great, the original was a classic so good to see a conversion.

But arrgh ! So many good games coming out ! Might get this at 12am again !
Old 02-03-2011, 09:09 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Hmmm... Their first take on a 'Puzzle Bobble' app was a disappointment. Now they are trying to milk that cow again! Not for me, guys. They got my money already. They should give it as a free update to those who already own their lame first try...

Last edited by abstractgamefreak; 02-03-2011 at 09:12 AM..
Old 02-03-2011, 09:14 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

does it have enough content to warrant a $5 purchase when games like bonzai blast offer the same gameplay for a dollar?
Old 02-03-2011, 10:03 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesio718 View Post
does it have enough content to warrant a $5 purchase when games like bonzai blast offer the same gameplay for a dollar?
Quite an unfortunate comparison, as I really wouldn't spend a dollar for Bonzai Blast when there are games like Sparkle or, good heavens, Stoneloops.

Joking aside, if you have not played the original Puzzle Bobble on Gameboy color or whatever console in the 90's you would probably not believe, that it has been a great original concept back then. But, after the disappointment with the first Puzzle Bobble, or even worse, Bubble Bobble Double, I doubt Taito will ever release a great conversion of those cute retro classics for iDevices. Seems they have lost their touch (pun intended)...
Old 02-03-2011, 10:07 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I havent got the older version so i must admit this appears to me despite the price.

Whats really upsetting is that crappy Bubble Bobble double, the 'ipod touch' type of game is dull and lazy. The original arcade conversion is very poor.

I really hope they release Bubble Bobble Symphony with decent touch screen controls, would love that.

Bubble Bobble has been a classic on so many platforms, just a shame the ipod port was lazy and poor
Old 02-03-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
If you're asking this question, then it's likely the answer is "no" for you.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:47 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazarath View Post
If you're asking this question, then it's likely the answer is "no" for you.
no, the question is directed at anyone who has played both games, or at least this game and some other bubble popping game. my wife loves this genre, but shes played just about every game offered. if this game is $5 but doesnt give any more content than some game she might of missed for $1 or 2, ill redirect her. the description says it has boss fights and a new shooting mechanic, is there anything else?
Old 02-03-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
no, the question is directed at anyone who has played both games, or at least this game and some other bubble popping game. my wife loves this genre, but shes played just about every game offered. if this game is $5 but doesnt give any more content than some game she might of missed for $1 or 2, ill redirect her. the description says it has boss fights and a new shooting mechanic, is there anything else?
I imagine most of the people buying this game are going to be the ones who loved Puzzle Bobble/Bust-A-Move way back when and want it for nostalgic purposes. There are a million puzzle games out on the app store that have better graphics/sound/etc, with some even taking advantage of the iDevice features (tilt, touch screen, etc). Many of these are, like you said, only $1-2. As much as I like Puzzle Bobble, it's hard to recommend it at $5 when you could get 3-5 similar (or possibly better) games for the same price. (I wouldn't use Bonsai Blast as an example though. I'd take Puzzle Bobble for $5 anyday over that one.) My point was that if you're not getting this specifically because it's Puzzle Bobble, then you might want to pass. But then again, if your wife loves puzzle games that much, an improved version of a classic for $5 seems like a good deal to me. I know I'll be getting this right when it comes out.

Edit: If you look at the AppShopper history for Bust-A-Move (link), Taito does run sales a couple times a year. It's likely that this one will be less than $5 at some point in time too.

Last edited by Dazarath; 02-03-2011 at 03:07 PM..
Old 02-03-2011, 03:25 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazarath View Post
(I wouldn't use Bonsai Blast as an example though. I'd take Puzzle Bobble for $5 anyday over that one.)
hahahah you guys hate some bonsai blast!!! but i understand where youre coming from. wife is just going to have to wait it out, hopefull this game doesnt pop up on itunes front page. i hate that page. she wants EVERYTHING on it.