Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-03-2011, 06:54 AM
iPad

Default Reiner Knizia's Yoku-Gami [v1.2 - Game Center]

Retina ScreenShots
(click to enlarge)

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 02-04-2011 at 02:23 AM..
Old 02-03-2011, 08:08 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Instabuy for me. (Where would I -always on the lookout for new Knizia goodness- be without you touchArcade guys ) If I know anything, RK is a wizard who can create very clever games out of pure math. Think about his card games where the cards just show numbers in different colors and nothing else, like Lost Cities or Keltis...

Last edited by abstractgamefreak; 02-03-2011 at 08:11 AM..
Old 02-03-2011, 08:12 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Wish there were more details, as it stands I really have no idea how this game is suppose to be played.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer View Post
Wish there were more details, as it stands I really have no idea how this game is suppose to be played.
Me too. A search for this yielded zero results, even on the list of Reiner Knizia's games - so I am wondering if they re-named it for the platform.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:39 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Yeah, I'm not sure about how this works, so would like more info. I love Knizia, but all these Knizia and other euro board/card/strategy games are going to put me in the poor house. Also, I'd be happier if it were universal, for a future iPad. Is it?
Old 02-03-2011, 08:48 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I'm with the group. I have purchased every Knizia game released for the Iphone, but I don't know about this one. I have no idea how the game works and my Internet search reveals nothing. Also, the setup almost looks too cute, like it was designed for a 5-year old or something.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:05 AM

I wonder if it is some kind of unlicensed clone based on one of Knizia's other properties and they are using his name to sucker in buyers...

I've also never heard of this one...
Old 02-03-2011, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trystero View Post
I wonder if it is some kind of unlicensed clone based on one of Knizia's other properties and they are using his name to sucker in buyers...

I've also never heard of this one...
It didn't look similar to any of the other RK games that I just checked that I was unfamiliar with. I am really wondering about this one now. If only they (RK) made a deal with one publisher and developer so the quality was universal across the board (no pun intended) we would know the quality and expectation was what we expected.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:18 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
If only they (RK) made a deal with one publisher and developer so the quality was universal across the board (no pun intended) we would know the quality and expectation was what we expected.
As Mr. Knizia himself said last year, he wanted to give a chance to new and small publishers, both for apps and real board games. So far I have yet to be disappointed, as he always takes a look on the product before it is released. In Germany a number of real solo puzzle games (which you wouldn't find looking at his ludography) have been released, which seemed to me perfect for iDevices. I'm happy that some of these ideas (apart from his board game classics) are now ported to our gadgets, without tiles shuffling etc. necessary. (It's been a while that I played 'Rush Hour' with the real plastic cars (yes it's not by Reiner Knizia, I know that), but the app stays on my iPod since initially downloading...)

Last edited by abstractgamefreak; 02-03-2011 at 09:27 AM..
Old 02-03-2011, 10:10 AM

Well, if someone can TOFTT later and let me know if this would be appropriate for a math-loving child comfortable with addition/subtraction I would appreciate it