★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Nodespace is a real-time, fast paced strategy game for the iPad. As the commander of the blue nodes you are tasked with destroying your enemies and conquering the entire galaxy!

The iPad's large touch screen interface is perfect for controlling your armies during the intense battles you'll be facing. The game includes:

- Gorgeous HD graphics which compliments a 3-dimensional starfield.
- A full campaign mode with 20 levels.
- "Stage Gen" mode where you can customize and create your own levels for maximum replayability.
- Different difficulty levels suitable for any gamer.
- Full iOS4 multitasking support.

xStatiCa's comments:
Has anyone tried this yet? It looks like a single player only Galcon Fusion type game. I am definitely interested considering that Galcon is great for multiplayer and worth it's price just for that but with single player Galcon the AI is very predictable to me.

If this has a fun single player game I will definitely pick it up.

http://appshopper.com/games/nodespace

02-03-2011, 02:33 PM
what is with the total lack of creativity that some devs have? it's just plain low to blatantly copy someone else's game.
02-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Well I jumped on it because Galcon Fusion is my favorite game and played a few minutes of it. It is different than Galcon in a few ways.

- Maps are bigger than what you can see. You can scroll around to see the entire thing.
- Generate/Create your own maps (havent played with it yet).
- Single player only
- Troops are represented in flight as a round glowing glob of light. The more troops sent the bigger the glob of light sent.
- Troops in flight cancel each other out like in crash mode in Galcon which might be the only behavior in this game. (In other words the glowing globs which represent the troops in flight cancel each other out at a 1 troop/1 troop rate)
- The selection of planets is different in that when you select planets they stay selected until you click where a planet does not exist which un-selects all planets. Planets staying selected make it easy to resend more troops. You just keep clicking/touching on the enemy planet.

I am sure there are more differences but so far that is what I noticed right away with 5 minutes playing the game. So far I like it.

There is always room for improvement in games like this. I certainly welcome a new twist on the genre.
02-03-2011, 04:01 PM
and I love Galcon Fusion as well.. but this is just plain undercutting and IP theft.