★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Applaud
  • Genre: Family
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 6.0 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "Kids will love it" - ipadboardgames.org

Scupper is a fun and original board game for 1 to 4 players.

Players take turns to roll the die and move their coloured pieces around the board. If a player lands on a special scupper ring and 1, 2 or 3 other players are sitting on scupper rings on their track the current player can choose one of them and send them back 3 spaces, scuppering their progress around the board! But beware - that leaves them in a vulnerable position while the other players take their go!

The aim of the game is to use your scupper moves carefully (and sometimes revengefully!), avoiding being sent back too many times and getting your 4 pieces home before the other players.

If you have less than 4 players your iPad will play the remaining colours. Will you let your iPad beat you to victory?

FEATURES

- original board game concept
- simple,fun gameplay and short game times to keep players entertained
- 4 players (human and AI)
- easy and hard settings (changes die roll rules for getting home)
- realistic board game sounds and original background music

figapp's comments:
Scupper - an original board game app for iPad was released by us (Applaud Ltd) on iTunes today.

I hope you enjoy it and if you have any comments I would really appreciate hearing from you. Thanks.

http://itunes.apple.com/uk/app/scupper/id417135424?mt=8

I've created and quick video for anyone that wants to see a little of the gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjrLV6Pb8qk
02-03-2011, 01:31 PM
It does look interesting and I do like playing Boardgames on my iPad but without a lite or vid have no idea how this plays which is a pity as I said it looks interesting and colourful

02-03-2011, 01:34 PM
Seems to be somewhat akin to Parchessi, but much simplified. A video would be nice, but really, this looks more like a kid's game than anything much more complicated.

Could be cute for the little ones.

I'm an app-oholic! And there's no 12-step program...
IAPs = I Ain't Purchasing, son !
02-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quebecotr View Post
Seems to be somewhat akin to Parchessi, but much simplified. A video would be nice, but really, this looks more like a kid's game than anything much more complicated.

Could be cute for the little ones.
That's what I was thinking I play games with my daughter on mine usually but she sometimes finds them a little difficult to grasp
02-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
That's what I was thinking I play games with my daughter on mine usually but she sometimes finds them a little difficult to grasp
Thanks for the comments guys. It is a family friendly game yes, so as you've deduced its not too complicated and small children should be able to play with a little direction - the game's very intuitive. It's for any age though but I guess you have to enjoy board games of this type.

(Parchessi - interesting, I had never seen this game and can see the similarity, also with Ludo of course, but Scupper's rules are different and each player has their own track to move round)

I can't really do a lite version (get half way and stop?!) but I'll try and get a video posted as soon as...

Meanwhile for those that want to try it for free here are a couple of codes up for grabs

AA7RAAWLXJLY
LFEXHLT47KTR
3ALENXF3JAFR
7WPAMEA7HLTE
P6WPKL9T37R6

Last edited by figapp; 02-03-2011 at 01:56 PM.
02-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Taken 7WPAMEA7HLTE

I will play it and write a little review on my site and report here.
Thanks.

-----
On GC I am FPEX
02-03-2011, 02:32 PM
All gone I see the lurkers have been about at least one of the proper TA members got one look forward to your impressions FPE
02-03-2011, 02:44 PM
I played one game. Ok this is a game salad game, but it is well made technically.

Now, the game is basically a luck game. There are four players with up to three non human and each player needs to roll a die in order to move a piece along a spiral path till its end. Along the way there are target location where you can push an opponent three step backward .... But this is it.

While the idea is not bad, I am sorry to say that it lacks thinking. I mean the game is just rolling a die. Nothin more. Pure luck driven, no strategy involved.

-----
On GC I am FPEX
02-03-2011, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPE View Post
While the idea is not bad, I am sorry to say that it lacks thinking. I mean the game is just rolling a die. Nothin more. Pure luck driven, no strategy involved.
Thanks FPE for playing the game and I appreciate your feedback, so I won't try and argue with everything you say. However from my testing there definitely is more fun and strategy in playing with 2 to 4 human players than just on your own against the iPad.

You're right it is essentially a game controlled by the roll of a die. Many classic games are based on the same premise, Ludo, Snakes & Ladders etc. There are opportunities to use strategy in the game especially when presented with the choice to push back one of two or three players. Also the rings are positioned to produce times when a player is pushed back onto another ring, creating the possibility they will get pushed back even further by other players (ganging up on them etc.) before their next turn.

As said I appreciate your feedback!
02-03-2011, 03:15 PM
I think the idea is a good start. If we could nave things like the dice roll is the maximum or minimum lie movement or any other way to reduce the importance of dice rolls. This would be much long lasting fun.

-----
On GC I am FPEX