Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 02-04-2011, 03:04 PM
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazarath View Post
ArtNJ, the +power/armor/magic trinkets are worse than the +crit/haste trinkets in the long run due to the fact that they don't scale.
How do you know base stats are scaling? So that means casting time and criticals are scaling per level? What I mean is, as I level up my base cast time gets shorter? So if I equipped a haste ring, it would be even more so? I understand that +6 spellpower is not the same between level 1 and level 30, or at least I think I do. Hard to comprehend as we have no information showing the value sp has against enemies.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:56 PM

Excellent thread. Especially helpful to RPG neophytes like myself.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilo View Post
How do you know base stats are scaling? So that means casting time and criticals are scaling per level? What I mean is, as I level up my base cast time gets shorter? So if I equipped a haste ring, it would be even more so? I understand that +6 spellpower is not the same between level 1 and level 30, or at least I think I do. Hard to comprehend as we have no information showing the value sp has against enemies.
That's not what I was referring to.

I'm making the following assumptions because I don't actually know exactly how everything is calculated, but the below is pretty standard for a lot of RPGs:
- X% haste means you attack X% more per Y time (or CD between attacks is reduced to 100/(100+X)%)
- X% crit means you have X% chance to deal 2x damage
- DPS for normal attacks is linearly proportional to attack/magic power

If you equip 2x +10 attack trinkets, the increase in DPS is linear and the %-increase is dependent on your current attack. For example, 100->120 is a larger %-increase than 200->220. But if you equip 2x 15% haste trinkets, your DPS will increase 30% regardless of whether you have 100 or 200 attack. Under the above assumptions, the formula for auto-attack DPS would be (K being a constant): K*attack*(1+haste)*(1+crit). So haste and crit scale with your attack, but attack doesn't scale with itself. Also, if there exists a 15% crit trinket, a haste+crit > 2x haste | 2x crit. Of course, this doesn't take into account CDs or procs, so it's not quite that simple of a calculation.

Last edited by Dazarath; 02-04-2011 at 05:38 PM..
Old 02-04-2011, 06:14 PM

Haste is applied multiplicatively for each item or skill effecting it. If the default attack speed is every 1.5 seconds, and you have two rings of 15% haste, the calculation looks like this.

1.5 * 0.85 * 0.85 = 1.08 seconds.

(The 0.85 is just 100% minus 15%, a.k.a 85%, expressed as a decimal)

You can definitely argue that at high level, you get more bang for your buck out of haste items than you would a simple +X to your power. That said, haste doesn't really help most of your on-use powers (barbarian enrage and frenzy are exceptions) so if you're trying to maximize how much damage you do with a single powerful strike, getting your base power as high as possible is what its all about.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:47 PM

That's an interesting way of calculating it. That would mean if a hypothetical 100% haste trinket existed, each attack would be instant and have no CD. I would think 100% haste, which is usually interpreted to mean "twice as fast" would cause your attacks to take half as long. Not that it's a big deal either way. Knowing the formula will definitely help for calculations though, thanks.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:58 PM
Banned
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNJ View Post
You mean you found a bug/exploit. Clearly there is no intended mechanic that allows this. Congratulations on finding a cheat and not sharing it with the developer so they can fix it!
It's not a bug or an exploit; just something that the developer didn't think that someone will use. Of course it is not intended lol.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:10 PM

I'm curious how you managed this, Epox, care to share? (via PM if you don't want your super secret secret revealed :P )
Old 02-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMobile View Post
I'm curious how you managed this, Epox, care to share? (via PM if you don't want your super secret secret revealed :P )
pm sent nothing special though lol
Old 02-04-2011, 07:43 PM

*SPOILERS BELOW, DON'T READ IF YOU ENJOY DISCOVERING RARE ITEMS ON YOUR OWN*

Here are some of the "rare" items I've got from farming the last boss, usually get a rare once in every four or five battles;

Pillar of the Venom Lord - For the Wizard, AT 57
Beacon of the Heavens - Cleric, AT 52
Holy Blade of M'ir - Knight, AT 40
Old 02-04-2011, 07:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalbertson View Post
*SPOILERS BELOW, DON'T READ IF YOU ENJOY DISCOVERING RARE ITEMS ON YOUR OWN*

Here are some of the "rare" items I've got from farming the last boss, usually get a rare once in every four or five battles;

Pillar of the Venom Lord - For the Wizard, AT 57
Beacon of the Heavens - Cleric, AT 52
Holy Blade of M'ir - Knight, AT 40
I got the 1 and 3. Where did you get 2?