★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Andrea Lupattelli
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 12.0 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "cartoony graphics, like Charles Schulz's Peanuts.." Macitynet.it

Reviewed on Webmasterpoint.org, one of the most popular tech website in Italy: score 4/5!

Would you be a witch? Witches is exactly what you need!

Fight against hordes of ravenous mosters: bats, flying pumpkins, ghosts, evil clouds and other gruesome monsters. Avoid them with the accelerometer and cast against spells!

To help you in your task you will have bonuses that allow you to be invincible for a while, kill the monsters all together or get extra points!

But be careful! Monsters will increase and become stronger! Prove that you have the needed skills!

Rise the online rankings to become the best player in the world! Will you succeed?

Witches is OpenFeint Enabled! Leaderboard, twenty achievements to unlock!

Be the best player in the world!

With its cartoony graphics, Witches is suitable for all ages, even for children. You can entertain your child!

Retina display supported!

The game is in English!

raptor88's comments:
Would you be a witch? Witches is exactly what you need!

Fight against hordes of ravenous mosters: bats, flying pumpkins, ghosts, evil clouds and other gruesome monsters. Avoid them with the accelerometer and cast against spells!

To help you in your task you will have bonuses that allow you to be invincible for a while, kill the monsters all together or get extra points!

But be careful! Monsters will increase and become stronger! Prove that you have the needed skills!

Rise the online rankings to become the best player in the world! Will you succeed?

Witches is OpenFeint Enabled! Leaderboard, twenty achievements to unlock!

Be the best player in the world!

With its cartoony graphics, Witches is suitable for all ages, even for children. You can entertain your child!

Retina display supported!

Any comment is appreciated!

Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/witches/id417594750?mt=8&ls=1

02-04-2011, 06:36 AM

Gameplay Trailer:

Welcome Onboard and Congratulation! I was already following your Blog since you putted it online and glad that your Game got finally approved by Apple.

02-04-2011, 06:44 AM
thx very much! here some promo codes:

AXFMJ6MWP63A
XAMNNP66MY49
FFHFKXPWK3YP
3RFTYJ3XLPN7
02-04-2011, 07:06 AM
Thx for those. I got FFHFKXPWK3YP. The iTunes Store currently say that there is only an Italien Version but that`s Wrong. The Game is in English too!

A short Review will follow soon, i just have to show my Which the right Way
02-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Game Impressions

Witches - Not all Witches are Bad, some are really even Cute...if you don`t Mess with them!

Witches is the first bigger Project from Andrea Lupattelli, a italian Student and talented Coder. In his Game you are playing a little Witch which obviously got Lost and so she tries to find her Way Home.

Story:

Well the Story, or let`s better say the Missing of it is one Point that Mister Lupattelli really needs to Work on since currently there is none in the Game.

Game Modes:

Achievements:

22 Total, some are the usual Kill Mob wx yz Times while some other will need more Practice to Achieve. Good!

Gameplay:

Troubles, Glitches, Crashs i had during Playing the Game:

None. At least not on my 4.2.1 iDevice. We will see if older iDevices will also run that Stable.

Final Thoughts:

Let`s Face the Truth. When i saw that Witches was the first Major Project from Mister Lupattelli and that he is using Tilt as the Control System i only thought the Worst since in the Past a loot of similar Games has shown us how worse it can become if the Developer doesn`t Test their Games or simple doesn`t Care about that Feature of their Game before they submit it to Apple.
Mister Lupattelli managed it with 1+

Kudus to Mister Lupattelli for that, the Tilt Control System is working Perfect, it`s even working that Good that during some of my Testrounds i did some Moves with it that the U.S Airforce wouldn`t do better if someone would give them a Promocode.

Using the Tilt Control while moving my sweat little Witch up and down to avoid the Monsters and pressing on the Screen where i wana cast my Magic really Works good so we have here some nice little R-Type (Witch) Clone.

The Music from Sam T. English hits the Theme really good but i had hoped that he at least would provide a second Track so we could switch between those Two. Maybe a Update can change that...

The Art Design is on a Level where i would say that Mister Lupattelli can start putting his Time into so the Game can grow with each Update we will hopefully see in the upcoming Weeks/Months/...

Let`s just face it. I was expecting the Worst and went from I won`t like it to This could really grow into something Special.

Thx Mister Lupattelli for proving me Wrong.

What the Game is Missing to make it Perfect:

Story - Our little Witch need a Name and a Story why see is Flying whereever it does lead at the End.

More Animation for our little Witch
- Please make hear at least say "Yippi" if she does hit some Monster with her Magic. Also some Animation like putting the Shield on by pointing at herself with a Magicstick and turning Blue would be Cool.

Shieldmagic is to Short - Make it at least longer for 5-10 Seconds or make it hold as long as we crash into a Monster.

Different Themes - Well the Name says it, i hope you are already planing to give us more Levels in the upcoming Updates.

Thx for Reading and good Night...
02-04-2011, 02:10 PM
WOW! great review! thx very much Sanuku, your opinion is very important for me, i appreciated your test! i'll try to insert all in the next update!
02-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Just take your Time. Rome wasn`t build in one Day so i guess you should focus on the Features you would like to also see in your own Games.
02-05-2011, 02:26 AM
Good game

I have bought this game and is very good for me, is a great game for adult and child to have fun for some time
The game s is immediatly, tilt calibrate very good, music is good as the playbility
I think the game can improve if Andrea insert:
Levels and boss for each level
Graphic not always same, but different

However, just today is a game to get and play also for child.

Marcello Tansini
http://www.webmasterpoint.org
02-05-2011, 09:04 AM
Wow, such an outpouring of love from our newer forum members...

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
02-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Thx at all! come on guys, try the game, there are unused promo codes right? and most important, review it on the store please...