★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Get ready for captivating adventures in the sea full of dangers and possibilities. Become a sailing-ship captain! Discover new islands, win nautical battles, trade exotic goods without forgetting about searching for the main treasure.

Notes:
A large fleet cannot be conquered just with powerful weapons - its very important to actively maneuver, evading enemy shots.
In order to make an exact shot you have to turn with your side to the opponent and press anywhere on the screen. At the same time its important to help the opponent to shoot your ship.

During the battle the ship almost always gets damaged. This is the tough truth of life. The damages do not impact the nautical qualities of the ship, but they can lead to the ships wreakage. Therefore, you have to watch to make sure the ship is always well-repaired. You can repair the ship in any closest post, not for free, of course.

A good ship costs a lot. You can make enough for it using two means:
You can rob caravans. You can sell the robbed goods at the closest island.
You can engage in peaceful trade. The price for the goods on different islands is quite a lot different. That is why most of the time peaceful trading is quite a lot more profitable than robberies.

You start the game on the easiest ship. The ship has few cannons and a small hold - it is bad for either trade or for war. Fortunately, there is a vast choice of more advanced ships on the island. You can buy them all, if you have a high enough level and enough money for it. When buying a ship pay attention to the ships speed, the number of cannons and the hold size.

Besides, you dont have to buy a new ship, but you can improve the existing ship. There are three options for the improvement:
Cannons - increases the shooting range and the speed of recharge
Armor - decreases the opponents chances to damage the ships frame.
Sails - increases the speed and agility of the ship

Control:
- To turn the ship - tilt iphone in the right direction.
- To shoot - tap anywhere on the screen.
- To see a map - tap on the compass.

Features include:
- 17 unique ships;
- 21 unique islands;
- 100 unique battles;
- a world full of dangers and adventures;

sleb's comments:
Just noticed this game, It looks like it could be good. I am downloading now to try it.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/age-of-wind/id414330492?mt=8
http://itunes.apple.com/app/age-of-wind/id414330492?mt=8
02-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
The game is a demo with the option to purchase the full edition for 1.99. I played the light/demo for a while and found at least three islands available to trade goods, repair or upgrade or buy a new ship. The game starts at one island wher you start with a decent sized ship. You can buy goods to sell at the other islands or just go sail toward the other islands.

When out at sea you steer your ship by tilting the device. Other ships come toward you and attack. When in attack mode a large circle around the area appears to keep you in the battle. You can not escape the battle without fighting. You move around and try and avoid the enemy cannon balls and touch the screen to fire your cannons. Their is a meter on the bottom left that shows when the cannons are ready to fire. On the top left is a meter showing health and top right how muck cargo space is filled. After defeating enemy ships they drop cargo and health which you sail by to pick up.

From the short time I played the game seems fun and could suck up a ton of your free time. I would like to see a health meter to show the amount of damage the enemy has taken. Now the enemy damage seems to be judged by smoke coming from the ship. All in all a very good game with just a ywek or two could be one of the best .

Game Center- SLEB Openfient- sleb plus+ sleb

Last edited by sleb; 02-04-2011 at 08:07 PM.

02-04-2011, 10:46 PM

Looks interesting...
02-04-2011, 10:47 PM
theres another game that is almost identical to this, pirate something... it was fun too. was it made by bootant?
02-04-2011, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCM View Post
theres another game that is almost identical to this, pirate something... it was fun too. was it made by bootant?
Pirate Waters? But wasn't that just about the sea battles, without the trading aspect? (I've never played that btw)

I've really been looking for a Sid Meier's Pirates clone on the iPhone, could this be it? Or does anyone have another suggestion for a Pirate themed RPG/action-adventure/strategy/trading game? (I've played Tradewinds 2 btw)
02-04-2011, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCM View Post
Yeah, but visually and gameplay-wise this is much more sophisticated. It has problems, though -- you can't select anything on screen without firing the cannon, there are some collider issues, and it desperately some kind of story intro and tutorial. When it starts it throws you in the middle of a battle that you're supposed to lose (so you can start over with the lowest ship available), and it took me about a minute to figure out what was going on.

There's great potential here though -- it's basically an age of sail RPG, which is really cool. And the graphics are actually quite nice. But at this point I won't be picking up the fool until it's gone through a few updates.
02-05-2011, 09:57 AM
I was wondering, is there a way to get out of a battle (i.e. to get out of the circle)?

Last edited by kuluman; 02-05-2011 at 10:32 AM.
02-05-2011, 10:03 AM
It's a lot like WarShip and Battle of Corsairs. What do you actually get for the $1.99 (full version)?

Twitter Tumblr

Game Center ID: mvanbeem
02-05-2011, 10:03 PM
It's more arcadey version of Warship as far as battles are concerned. The big ships move like speedboats and it's almost impossible to miss another ship or avoid enemy fire. Cannon balls change trajectory to hit your ship. The game needs a tutorial as well. As far as ship handling and battles are concerned I prefer Warship. It now has retina support and looks great. This one has trading aspect as well though so could be fun. I might upgrade to full but need to spend a bit more time with the lite to make up my mind.

Icon is a window to game's soul...
09-30-2012, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuluman View Post
I was wondering, is there a way to get out of a battle (i.e. to get out of the circle)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuluman View Post
There is only O'Neill Way out.
Either you must winn the battle or buy the app.
It is a it is a funny game - but be Aware of that you May be hooked.

I love Thisted pirat game. And i am hooked.

Have fun