★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Get all the app store reviews for an app

10-30-2008, 06:30 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Get all the app store reviews for an app

So, I put this together a couple of days ago and posted it to a dev forum I use as it's useful for devs to be able to easily see all the reviews for their app in all the iTunes stores, but then I also thought it might be of use to customers as well, especially for apps that don't have a great number of reviews.

Basically, you can paste the iTunes Store URL (or application ID) for the app you want reviews for and it will return the first page of reviews from all the iTunes stores in an easy to read format with title, star rating, author and their comment. It's available here:

http://www.moopf.com/appstorereviews/

So, feel free to use it if you want to see what others have said about an app you want to purchase (or if you're a dev, use it to keep track on reviews for your app.) It also explains how to get the iTunes Store URL, which isn't difficult, if you don't know how to get it.

Comments welcome.

"Arthur & Charles Present Create & Play" now available on the App Store
iTunes - Arthur & Charles Website
10-30-2008, 06:41 AM
WOW! Thanks a lot- that's really helpful. I tested it on iFishing as here, in the UK, there is only 1 review- mine! So I put the URL in and now have loads. This works a treat. Nice one!

10-30-2008, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
WOW! Thanks a lot- that's really helpful. I tested it on iFishing as here, in the UK, there is only 1 review- mine! So I put the URL in and now have loads. This works a treat. Nice one!
Yeah, I was getting sick of changing stores all the time to see reviews for my apps, so have been using this for a while to make my life easier. Only realised this morning that other people, apart from devs, might find this useful as well!

10-30-2008, 06:54 AM
Cool link... thanks a lot!

The link is very helpful!!! I've looked for my friends game called iXonix and was very surprised to see all reviews from all the stores. Just thanks!
10-30-2008, 06:56 AM
Thanks! This is very useful to me. I live in Sweden and it appears everybody here is to lazy to review!
10-30-2008, 07:00 AM
I find it VERY useful! The Dutch store doesn't have much reviews so I've been changing back and forth to the US store.

Not any longer! Thanks for sharing.

Stefan
10-30-2008, 07:16 AM
Very cool - thanks moopf! How about listing all reviews, though, and not just the first page worth?
10-30-2008, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
Very cool - thanks moopf! How about listing all reviews, though, and not just the first page worth?
Yes, that should be possible (currently it's giving the first page which is 25 reviews max) but before I do that I'd like to do some proper caching of individual reviews (what's up there now is quick and dirty). That way I can just pull out any new reviews without having to go through all the pages each time the cache on my server expires. It's all about finding the time

10-30-2008, 07:55 AM
Been using widget for about a month now. I like how yours can copy and paste though. Here is widget I posted about a week ago.
10-30-2008, 08:12 AM
Moopf, adding in my thanks to the rest. I saw this when you first posted on iphonedevsdk a couple days ago and have been using it ever since. Very handy - thanks for sharing!