★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Dear all:

On White Valentine's Day two years ago, we asked players who have downloaded our limited time free games to do something for disasters around the world at the time. Its a small event, but there were so many people sharing the message and its idea for us. We are impressed by how great the power can be if we try to gather energy of peoples goodwill through this worldwide mobile platform. And thus, an idea came to us: Maybe, if we can transform this great momentum into practical and long term social-care energy, we will make big difference to the world?

So, two years later, we have created a small all-in-one game platform named HuaXu Game Space II between our work efforts. Its an expansion of our small dream two years ago.

To know more about this app please go to:
https://facebook.com/HuaXuCC
http://www.huaxu-cc.com/Pages/News_HGS2_001.aspx

http://www.huaxu-cc.com/Pages/News_NewsEvents_0009_CHT.aspx

To let more people know about this app, and for the recent disasters of Boston explosion, Texas explosion and Lushan earthquake in Sichuan, we will put all our games to free again from now to the end of May. We will choose a reliable way to donate 80% of all our income from these free games to people who are hurt in these accident. And we will donate 80% of all income of HuaXu Game Space II from US and CN store and 10% from worldwide store in May too.

Just like two years ago, what we wish in return is anyone who happen to see this and luckily get a free game can DO SOMETHING, no matter how small it is, even just telling people who are suffering that you care about them.

If you really don't know what to do or say, please tell people about this game platform and find a proper place on internet to leave a message:

"Bless the nice people around the world, bless people who are hurt in Boston, Texas, and Sichuan. We love and care about each other. We offer help for each other."
----
Because inner issues, we are working on a re-programmed version of Crystal Soul, please only download this version when it is free.

You can also try our NDS version which has lots of new elements!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD0wtG-uCLQ&list=UUUcdzHjo7CVv4R9v_SrLGLg&index=8&feature=plcp

--------
AppSpy (3/5):
"Crystal Soul is a formidable puzzler and one that can be a lot of fun"

148Apps(3.5/5)
"Enter Crystal Soul: a game that could do with more explanation but certainly has some great ideas. "

TUAW's Daily App:
"an excellent title that's worth full price"
"real hack-and-slash feel to the action"

Touch Arcade Forum:
"an unique puzzle game is waiting for you, polished and fun to play."
"cool and has a great replayability"
"totally recommend this game on what it is and also kind of what it isn't."

We deeply thank for all the compliments above as well as their advices, and are constantly improve our works according these advices!

Game Features

- Puzzle + RPG
Choose from Swordsman, Mage or Ranger to start your adventure, you can select your favorite, or just experience all the difference. Each class has its own skills which can be great help while finishing quests.

- Deep Strategy
Players must know their character and use skills wisely to survive longer. Skills combo, pass a round, grab treasure chests, gather energy gem to receive maximum score... All these strategies leads you to victory and higher scores.

- 4 kinds of landscapes
In you adventure, you will have to travel through 4 kinds of landscapes; each landscape has its own main species, which means you have to adjust your strategy due to limited kinds of energy source and hence, limited skill usage. Use your wits to get through!

- 2 classic Game Modes
Enjoy the trip inside Adventure Mode to conquer challenges of different maps and conditions; or have fun in classic Survival Mode to chase infinite highscore!

- Support Openfeint and Game Center
Compete your scores with players worldwide on both Adventure and Survival leaderboard!

Huaxu-CC's comments:
ALL HuaXu Games are $0.99 now!
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=85171

And Crystal Soul version 1.0.2 is half way done, we added achievements and modified some functions according to your advices, thanks!

Appspy review:
http://www.appspy.com/crystal-soul-review
(We are fixing both the 2 cons in 1.0.2!)

And Crystal Soul Lite is ON!
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crystal-soul-lite/id419799003?mt=8

Dear all:

Our newest game "Crystal Soul" is released! It's a special puzzle game with role playing elements. Please check our introduction below. And please tell us if you have any opinion for us!

Crystal Soul Introduction

Press Release
Huaxu Culture Creative LLC has announced the release of "Crystal Soul", an unique puzzle game with role playing elements for iOS. As Crystal Champion of Crystennia, an ancient kingdom that uses Crystal Soul as its main energy source, players must protect the kingdom by defeating monsters created by Rune Crystals, and collect different kinds of nature energy released by them. There are 2 modes, 20 stages, 3 different classes with 12 skills. in the first version of the game. In Adventure Mode, players must conquer the challenges of different maps and conditions; and in Survival Mode, players have to try their best to survive longer.

Crystal Soul is now available on the app store with a price of $1.99.
Here is the iTunes link of the game: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crystal-soul/id416732132?mt=8

More Pictures
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Huaxu-...08952?v=photos

Video Link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79VAABxAaDk

Description
Hero , your homeland is at stake!

As Crystal Champion of Kingdom Crystennia, an ancient empire that uses Crystal Soul as its main energy source, you must protect the kingdom by defeating monsters created by Rune Crystals, and collect the nature energy released by them for your people.

To travel around every corner of the kingdom, you must collect enough crystal energy to summon the Crystal Gate. Some important gates are guarded by bigger and stronger monsters; you must be cautious and prepared!

Game Features

-Puzzle + RPG
Crystal Soul is an unique bejeweled-like game which includes role playing elements. Players can choose from 3 characters to play through all 20 stages across 4 different kinds of landscapes, and fight boss monsters!

-3 different classes
Choose from Swordsman, Mage or Ranger to start your adventure. Each class has its own skills; players must use these skills wisely to survive. Select your favorite or just experience all the difference!

-4 kinds of landscapes
In you adventure, you will have to travel through 4 kinds of landscapes, and each landscape has its own main species. Collect their energy and use proper skills to get through!

-2 classic Game Modes
Enjoy the adventure inside Adventure Mode to conquer different situations, or have fun in our classic Survival Mode to chase infinite highscore!

For More Information
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...83527875008952
02-05-2011, 04:01 AM
Bought!

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

02-05-2011, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Bought!
Looking forward to reading your impressions!
02-05-2011, 06:17 AM
Hmmm... can't remember to have said that I would give impressions... - just kidding!

First of all, I like the graphic style of the game: a bit like Battleheart, manga style with some really nice SD characters. The overall graphics are well done and fun and also really colorful.

The game itself... Well, I haven't seen a match-3 like this before.
It is quite unique and happens to play on a hexboard a few times bigger than the screen. You have a given number of moves and have to plan carefully where your character moves to and what he will do. You can earn more moves by collecting special crystals. You have different tasks each level, from the defeat of a certain type of monsters to boss battles. While defeating monsters, you collect their souls. After you have collected a given number of souls, you can unleash (for each of the three characters) unique powers onto the board.
Also, there are appearing from time to time, when you clear huge waves of monsters, treasure chests on the hexboard with surprises in them, like bonus gold for your score.

Sadly, you have to find out the most things about gameplay yourself, the developers should rework the tutorial and explain the gameplay more detailed because there is quite some strategy involved. Also missing is a description of the powers and how they work. It also took some time to understand what the top status bar with the jewels is doing exactly. Watching the gamplay video in the first post helps you understand some things better.

But if you understand the game mechanics once, an unique puzzle game is waiting for you, polished and fun to play.

Controls, last but not least, are very responsive and easy to learn.

Edit: just found out that tapping on your character in the lower left brings up a question mark (which explains your skills exactly) and a button to pass a turn.

This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 02-05-2011 at 06:49 AM.
02-05-2011, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Hmmm... can't remember to habe said that I would give impressions... - just kidding!

First of all, I lime the graphic style of the game: a bit like Battleheart, manga style with some really nice SD characters. The overall graphics are well done and fun and also really colorful.

The game itself... Well, I haven't seen a match-3 like this before.
It is quite unique and happens to play on a hexboard a few times bigger than the screen. You have a given number of moves and have to plan carefully where your character moves to and what he will do. You can earn more moves by collecting special crystals. You have different tasks each level, from the defeat of a certain type of monsters to boss battles. While defeating monsters, you collect their souls. After you have collected a given number of souls, you can unleash (for each of the three characters) unique powers onto the board.
Also, there are appearing from time to time, when you clear huge waves of monsters, treasure chests on the hexboard with surprises in them, which aid you in your game.

Sadly, you have to find out the most things about gameplay yourself, the developers should rework the tutorial and explain the gameplay more detailed because there is quite some strategy involved. Also missing is a destription of the powers and how they work. It also took some timr to understand what the top status bar with the jewels is doing exactly.

But if you understand the game mechanics once, an unique puzzle game is waiting for you, polished and fun to play.

Controls, last but not least, are very responsive and easy to learn.
Thanks for that! Sounds pretty unique and rather interesting. As usual, I've got a pile of unplayed games waiting for me. Maybe I'll add this one to the heap...
02-05-2011, 07:05 AM
I have to add that after three levels, I understood the mechanics completely and it is sure a lot of fun now.

02-05-2011, 07:13 AM
Interesting!

Add me to your Game Center .... Lacedolphin
02-05-2011, 07:43 AM
I can't remember the name of it, but I played a flash game about a year ago with this exact same match-3 gameplay. Except it didn't have item boxes and stuff. It was an awesome game, and if this is anything like it, then it's sure to be a winner.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
02-05-2011, 08:28 AM
does it play like dungeon raid? any chance of gameplay vid on youtube?

Plus+/openfeint: nesio718 Game Center: panama chief
Playing: this new iPad....DAT RETINA!!!
Waiting for: SALES!!!!
02-05-2011, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesio718 View Post
does it play like dungeon raid? any chance of gameplay vid on youtube?
There already was a link in the original post. I'll move it here for convenience.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Mods can feel free to delete my post and place both the youtube embed and appinfo embed into the first post in this thread.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind