★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

A Monster Ate My Homework(3d block physics) Mac App Store version

02-05-2011, 04:54 AM
A Monster Ate My Homework(3d block physics) Mac App Store version

A Monster Ate My Homework is a Universal iOS game released early december 2010, there is a forum thread here
The exciting bit about making a Mac AppStore version was the fact that many levels that we had started to make for the iOS versions we had been forced to abandon due to the fact that the minimum devices could only handle so much physics (we're constantly working on optimisation). For the Mac AppStore version we have put in the original 60 levels from the iOS version but added another 20 that are bespoke for the Mac App Store version below is a video showing some of them.

There is still another 20 levels about to be added to the iOS version and another 16 for the lite iOS version but these will all also be unique.

I hope that the Mac App Store version goes well so more "bigger" levels can be made, I love iOS games, mainly for their convenience and to a certain extent intimacy, but its always nice not be restricted so much by the limitations of the platform.

One of the bigger challenges was the transition from touch to mouse, It changes the game somewhat. To a certain extent it makes you actions more accurate but then your response time (to falling homework) is slower.

Gaz Bushell - @fayju
02-22-2011, 10:58 AM
It got rejected first time around, but resubmission is now ready.
there is a web version (only 30 levels) at kongregate for those interested.
So, hopefully it will be on the store pretty soon.... the fullscreen experience is much more fun.

Gaz Bushell - @fayju

02-24-2011, 01:37 AM
Looks Unity Made. Good luck with the release!
02-24-2011, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by mehware View Post
Looks Unity Made. Good luck with the release!
Yes, it is unity, well recognised! a great dev platform, growing too.

Gaz Bushell - @fayju
03-11-2011, 01:03 PM
On The Mac AppStore

A Monster Ate My Homework MAC has been Approved (finally)
its available on the MAC App Store here
We will be making it FREE for the weekend, It may not be showing as FREE yet
but I'll switch over and start a thread on the available Mac App Store group.

Gaz Bushell - @fayju
03-18-2011, 11:02 PM
I dn know....I can tell this game is cute from its name! But transited to Mac games....i cannot say that it is cute....Maybe first impressions are the strongest, iPod games have set their root in my heart....Unless are the Mac games extremely good,I cannot fall in love with it.
04-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Me gusta.

The face animations on the monsters are pretty killer. Looks pretty fun
05-13-2011, 01:17 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
I am loving this game right now!