★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Gaming App of the Day!" - Kotaku

"Glow Artisan is a great buy for puzzle lovers and puzzle makers" - Gamezeebo

Praise for previous releases:

2010 IGF Winner Best Mobile Game Design

"Plays beautifully", "Silver Award"
-Pocket Gamer

Glow Artisan is an exceedingly clever puzzle game... solidly recommended!
-IGN

Once you've got the hang of how Glow Artisan works you won't want to put it down.
-Nintendo Life

[An] absolute puzzle gem... Download it now.
-Eurogamer

One of the most clever puzzlers weve seen in some time.
-Joystiq

--------------------------------

Powerhead Games brings its award-winning Glow Artisan to the iTunes App Store. Glow Artisan is a unique, easy-to-learn puzzle game offering deep gameplay. Players will have to use their wits and ingenuity to solve over 80 colorful puzzles ranging in difficulty from simple to maddening. Additionally, players can create new puzzles from scratch with the built-in editor or generate them from their own photos!

Features:

High resolution graphics bring sharp images to the Apple Retina display

Over 80 colorful puzzles across three difficulty tiers -- master the puzzles by hitting the Move and Time medal targets for each one

Game Center support records your Achievements and ranks your progress on Leaderboards

Create your own puzzles from scratch or use the iPhone or iPod touch camera to generate custom puzzles from your photographs

Puzzle randomizer mode guarantees unlimited replay value
02-05-2011, 06:57 AM
I have been playing this gem for a few days now and it is a great challenging puzzler. If you like games like Pathpix and Nonograms/Picross, I recommend picking this one up!

02-05-2011, 08:09 AM
I agree, a very fun puzzlegame with a lot of puzzles and good replay value to try to solve each of them with the least amount of moves.
02-05-2011, 08:27 AM
got it on my dsi.

Plus+/openfeint: nesio718 Game Center: panama chief
Playing: this new iPad....DAT RETINA!!!
Waiting for: SALES!!!!
02-05-2011, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchgamer3g View Post
I have been playing this gem for a few days now and it is a great challenging puzzler. If you like games like Pathpix and Nonograms/Picross, I recommend picking this one up!
I saw you refer to this as a "hidden gem" in another thread and I love it. Thanks for posting a thread to make sure it didn't remain hidden. This thing just oozes polish and the color mixing is a clever addition to the Picross blueprint.

Now I'm off to check out the other game you mentioned...

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
02-05-2011, 12:58 PM
This is a great looking little puzzler - I only wish it was universal....

I mentioned this to Touchgamer3g (not trying to promote other games), but another game using color that was another hidden gem from quite a long time ago is Copy Cat: A Painter's Puzzle. I tested and it still works fine under iOS 4.21.

I don't get into the light combining apps as much as these types. Anyways, great find Touchgamer3g. Tried the lite, loved it and picking up the full version.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
02-05-2011, 12:59 PM
I played this game on DSiWare and it was quite fun. I will probably be picking this one up.
02-05-2011, 01:25 PM
@pluto6 - Yeah, Copy Cat is a great recommendation. A little hard to grok at first, but it's rewarding when you do.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
02-06-2011, 04:54 AM
Played this for half an hour ... Liking it a lot!

-----
On GC I am FPEX
02-07-2011, 12:03 AM
Was heading to the appstore to get the game only to find it has increased in price by $2. Oh well, to the wish list it goes, until I can no longer hold it off. =P