★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Greetings Comrade!
Mother Russia requires your fingers to swipe across glass screen in rapid succession. Dodge fighter jet, birds, helicopters, and democracy; In this highly addictive, highly inappropriate game by makers of Castle Crashers. Da!

Gabrien's comments:
A part of me is excited these guys finally have something on the app store. Another part feels insulted it's this. It's free though, so just decide for yourselves:

02-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Cool. I see it's gamecenter enabled. Are there any achievements available.

I'm downlading anyway to try. Thanks for the link.

(GC = BUNGLEZ) (OF = farmersuitical) (Plus+ = bungle747) (Crystal = bunglez)

I review apps and games frequently in the UK app store, and here on the forums. If you want anything reviewed, just ask.

02-05-2011, 12:50 PM
I've got no beef with an Atari 2600-looking game. Question is whether or not it is a good game..
02-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by headcaseGames View Post
I've got no beef with an Atari 2600-looking game. Question is whether or not it is a good game..
It's an extremely basic mini-game from Alien Hominid. The fact that they have chosen this for their app store debut release makes me think perhaps they aren't taking this platform very seriously. On the other hand the fact that it's free is a definite sign of good faith and perhaps they are just testing the waters. These guys seem to take a long time making their games, but in the end it's clear where that time has gone. Perhaps it's not unreasonable to see them dip a toe in before committing themselves to something larger. In any case, while out of context this particular mini-game might not amount to much, in the big picture it's still particularly welcome.
02-05-2011, 01:15 PM
ah I didn't even look at the name of the dev, interesting to see that they've put something out. not interested in this, but I will keep an eye on them - thanks for the info!
02-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
It's an extremely basic mini-game from Alien Hominid. The fact that they have chosen this for their app store debut release makes me think perhaps they aren't taking this platform very seriously.
Why so serious? SSMM is a FANTASTIC entry point for The Behemoth and is more than likely a sign of (good) things to come.
02-05-2011, 02:01 PM
This feels like less of a piss-take and more serious than when the super meat boy dev released that piece of crap app and then proceeded to continually jack the price up.

Game Centre I.D - Scarypharaoh
02-05-2011, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarypharaoh View Post
This feels like less of a piss-take and more serious than when the super meat boy dev released that piece of crap app and then proceeded to continually jack the price up.
from what I've heard, sounds pretty even so far.. time will tell.
02-05-2011, 02:16 PM
I'm just guessing, but I think you meant 'Master' in your title! Might want to change that [the spelling, that is].
02-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
I'm just guessing, but I think you meant 'Master' in your title! Might want to change that [the spelling, that is].
It's actually supposed to be misspelled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headcaseGames View Post
from what I've heard, sounds pretty even so far.. time will tell.
What are you talking about? SSMM is a classic flash game.