★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

No iPad specific sacred odyssey?

02-06-2011, 11:01 AM
#1
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1
No iPad specific sacred odyssey?

I don't get why gameloft didnt release an iPad hd?
02-06-2011, 11:24 AM
#2
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 823
Wrong section. Goes in "Game Discussion".

And don't worry, my friend. It's coming, eventually.

02-06-2011, 12:50 PM
#3
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by irmatt View Post
I don't get why gameloft didnt release an iPad hd?
It will probably arrive this coming week.

Arriving in HD a well later also occured with:

Nova 2, Dungeon Hunter 2, Eternal Legacy and Asphalt 6

Beta Tester for: iBlastMoki 2, Deadlock, Aralon: Sword & Shadow HD
Gameloft: Pacificsun81
Gamecenter: Pacificsun81
02-07-2011, 05:49 AM
#4
Why is that we have to wait for an iPad version of games
Why not release at the same time
02-07-2011, 09:11 AM
#5
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 368
Because they can get the game out sooner and start making money on it. Takes additional time and testing for the iPad version. In an ideal world, yes, they should try to release it at the same time or even make it universal.
02-07-2011, 10:52 AM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jongjungbu View Post
Because they can get the game out sooner and start making money on it. Takes additional time and testing for the iPad version. In an ideal world, yes, they should try to release it at the same time or even make it universal.
I wish Gameloft would make their games universal. Even if we had to wait for the iPad versions, I would probably buy the games on release day instead of waiting. I think they're doing themselves a disservice:

Having to wait for the iPad versions tends to make me not care about the games as much, so I will tend to wait even longer for a sale. I figure I've waited this long already, might as well wait some more.

Maybe it's offset by people who buy the games twice, who knows...
02-07-2011, 02:01 PM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy liquid View Post
I wish Gameloft would make their games universal. Even if we had to wait for the iPad versions, I would probably buy the games on release day instead of waiting. I think they're doing themselves a disservice:

Having to wait for the iPad versions tends to make me not care about the games as much, so I will tend to wait even longer for a sale. I figure I've waited this long already, might as well wait some more.

Maybe it's offset by people who buy the games twice, who knows...
I feel exactly the same. I add the game to my appshopper list and wait for a sale since I've waited long enough anyways and have other games to play. They (and other developers) are losing out on the "new release" hype around games when waiting to release the iPad version. Real Racing 2 currently comes to mind.

Like you said, maybe they know something we don't and get duplicate sales from people buying both versions?
02-07-2011, 08:55 PM
#8
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Central California
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy liquid View Post
I wish Gameloft would make their games universal. Even if we had to wait for the iPad versions, I would probably buy the games on release day instead of waiting. I think they're doing themselves a disservice:

Having to wait for the iPad versions tends to make me not care about the games as much, so I will tend to wait even longer for a sale. I figure I've waited this long already, might as well wait some more.

Maybe it's offset by people who buy the games twice, who knows...
I want the iPad version too, but how are they doing themselves a disservice? How many people own iPhones and iTouches compared to the people that own an iPad? It just makes sense to put out the game for those first.

And in fact it sounds like GameLoft taught you the value of patients ^^
Instead of having "Brave New World" instant gratification attitude, you learned how to wait, and better yet save yourself some money.

This isn't directed just towards you, but to all gamers. We seem to propagating a poor value system where we give in to constant hype and constantly consume. We DO NOT "gotta catch them all" :P