★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How many hours

02-06-2011, 05:04 PM
How many hours

In your opinion ,How many hours / minute of gameplay should you get from a 1$ games?

And how many hours of gameplay should you get from a 10$ game?

Twitter: @realtech_VR
Visit realtech VR Facebook page.
02-06-2011, 05:53 PM
$1 should be like 5 hours or more.
$10 should be unlimited replay value.

02-06-2011, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versago View Post
$1 should be like 5 hours or more.
$10 should be unlimited replay value.
spoiled........

1$ should be fun......i dont care how long.......i just want it to be fun

10$ i put 40 hours into GTA CW so i feel like 35-40 is good enough

ssɐ sıɥ dn ɯǝɥʇ ǝʌoɥs puɐ sƃuıɹ dıɥsuoıdɯɐɥɔ sǝıɹǝs plɹoʍ ㄥᄅ sǝǝʞuɐʎ ǝɥʇ ǝʞɐʇ uɐɔ ıpɹɐɹıƃ ǝoɾ
02-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Quality is more important than quantity.

A great game is priceless; a bad game is worthless.
02-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
$1 - don't really care. Its just a buck.
$10 - atleast 10 hours

but this is the better answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Quality is more important than quantity.

A great game is priceless; a bad game is worthless.

Last edited by crex; 02-06-2011 at 06:42 PM.
02-06-2011, 06:13 PM
I dont care how long a game is as long as I feel like it was worth the price, in terms of enjoyment.

I paid a dollar for angry birds and that gave me more playtime than the ten dollars I paid for some other games.

It's all relative, I don't buy every game thinking of how long I'll be able to play it for.
02-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Who the hell cares..as long as I'm getting a couple of hours for a 6.99$ and up game it's fine..5 hours is just fine, maybe I'll get lucky and get a lot more. RPGs usually last forever even though they generally vary in cost..each of them take about 15-25 hours to finish.

A one dollar game? I probably won't play it more than an hour unless it's something special or has multiplayer. Quality over quantity always. I'd pay 9.99$ for another game like Dead Space even though it only lasted less than four hours, and I don't plan on replaying it.

I hate how iOS gamers think that they're entitled to long games for 10 dollars. I've bought many, many psp games for 40$-50$ that have lasted about 6-8 hours. Many games on the ps3 follow suit, except they generally cost 60$ each. The complaints about pricing on the iDevice really disgusts me. Reading the reviews on the appstore and even some here on TA is like wacking myself over and over again with a mallet. Actually, the people on the appstore think they're entitled to long games for anything over 0.99$, let's not even mention anything higher.

/end rant

Twitter: @back2this

Last edited by backtothis; 02-06-2011 at 06:49 PM.
02-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Who the hell cares..as long as I'm getting a couple of hours for a 6.99$ and up game it's fine..5 hours is just fine, maybe I'll get lucky get and a lot more. RPGs usually last forever even though they generally vary in cost..each of them take about 15-25 hours to finish.

A one dollar game? I probably won't play it more than an hour unless it's something special or has multiplayer. Quality over quantity always. I'd pay 9.99$ for another game like Dead Space even though it only lasted less than four hours, and I don't plan on replaying it.

I hate how iOS gamers think that they're entitled to long games for 10 dollars. I've bought many, many psp games for 40$-50$ that have lasted about 6-8 hours. Many games on the ps3 follow suit, except they generally cost 60$ each. The complaints about pricing on the iDevice really disgusts me. Reading the reviews on the appstore and even some here on TA is like wacking myself over and over again with a mallet. The people on the appstore think they're entitled to long games for anything over 0.99$, let's not even mention anything higher.

/end rant
Agreed. +1
02-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Who the hell cares../end rant
Exactly what I was thinking... Quality over quantity people, I'd rather pay for a game that's short but is very fun, rather than a game that is long but not so fun. Though Of course having both is pretty great

Waiting for: Forgotten Memories, M.U.S.E, The Shadow Sun, Galaxy On Fire 3, Daredevil Dave 2, JumpKnight: Missions, Topia: Age of Creation, Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land, Sniper: Ghost Warrior, Max Payne, 2013: Infected Wars, Battlefield 3: Aftershock.
02-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Who the hell cares..as long as I'm getting a couple of hours for a 6.99$ and up game it's fine..5 hours is just fine, maybe I'll get lucky and get a lot more. RPGs usually last forever even though they generally vary in cost..each of them take about 15-25 hours to finish.

I hate how iOS gamers think that they're entitled to long games for 10 dollars. I've bought many, many psp games for 40$-50$ that have lasted about 6-8 hours. Many games on the ps3 follow suit, except they generally cost 60$ each. The complaints about pricing on the iDevice really disgusts me. Reading the reviews on the appstore and even some here on TA is like wacking myself over and over again with a mallet. Actually, the people on the appstore think they're entitled to long games for anything over 0.99$, let's not even mention anything higher.

/end rant
Completely agree

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106