★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *** UK App Store's NEW & NOTEWORTHY racing games
*** #1 Racing App in New Zealand!
*** #4 Racing App in Japan, TOUGE!
*** Top 20 Racing App in Japan!
*** Now Features Novice mode to allow you to study tracks and hone your drifting skills!

*** iOS 8 and iPhone 5/5S/6 support has been re-enabled, some features such as global leaderboard and ranks may not be functional. We are working on a reboot of Drift Legends for March 2015. Stay tuned and hone your skills.

Drifting: speed, style, smoke and plenty of opposite lock make this the coolest motorsport in the world. It just doesnt get any better than this. Will you become a Drift Legend?

AWESOME GAMEPLAY
* 25 tracks
* 5 countries with unique environments
* 4 cars (with upgrades) that have their own character and handling
* Drift training track
* Replay system stores your best run
* Global leaderboard compete worldwide
* Global rankings - see where you place, worldwide
* Retina Display support
* iPod playback
* Multiple control schemes: buttons, steering wheel and tilt.
* Tips to help you maximise your scores

-----------------------------------------
FANTASTIC BONUS CONTENT
* 9 bonus unlockable screen wallpapers for you to keep

MASSIVE SOUNDTRACKS
* 15 original soundtracks by international artists - view the list here http://driftgames.info/music/

WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
"Extremely addictive...8.5/10" Gamefreaks Magazine

"Drift Legends is an enjoyable and addictive driving game, with a decent number of tracks on which to drive, a nice varied soundtrack and solid controls...8.5/10" Brutal Gamer

"This is a truly entertaining game that looks great and has a good deal of replayability." GoozerNation

"Its about creating obscene skids around the curves, and Drift Legends certainly delivers. 4.5/5" Tone Magazine

USER REVIEWS:
Wheatjr (US): "I'm a huge Drifting fan and DLs has nailed it with this App! ..."

Arnaud Aviles (France): "Ce jeux est trop fun a jouer et il est beau ..."

Josiah Gaborit (Aus): "... Not too easy not too hard. It's just freaking perfect. Kudos to these guys... "

THE STORY
Originally a Flash game with over 5 million plays, Drift Legends is now a new version, remade for Apple devices with awesome tracks and fun gameplay. Challenge your mates on the global leaderboard - take a high-powered rear-wheel drive car and push it to the limit and beyond. Can you link the corners and get the points?

Endorsed by the NZDrift Nationals (New Zealands premier drift series which helped the likes of Mad Mike Whiddett into the global scene) and NZ Performance Car Magazine (NZs biggest selling car magazine).

Compete in the story mode where you start as a fledgling driver in New Zealand and work you way up to the touge tracks of Japan, where it all began.

Drift through:
* New Zealand's lush countryside in the NZ Drift Series
* Australia's red dirt in the Outback D Championship
* the narrow country lanes and World War II airbases of the UK in the Full Lock UK Drift Series
* the stadiums and industrial areas of America in Formula Slide USA
* the winding mountain touges of Japan in Super Dori Deathmatch Monster Battle.

What are you waiting for? Start your engine - you can be a drift legend.

Drift Legends on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/drift.legends

Drift Legends Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/driftlegends

View gameplay, track walkthroughs and cheats on the official fan site: http://driftgames.info

, le drift, Derrapadas, Driften,
02-07-2011, 02:38 AM
I love top-down racers. I'm going to keep a look out and see what the verdict is on this. Thanks for the tip.

(GC = BUNGLEZ) (OF = farmersuitical) (Plus+ = bungle747) (Crystal = bunglez)

I review apps and games frequently in the UK app store, and here on the forums. If you want anything reviewed, just ask.

Last edited by bunglez; 02-07-2011 at 02:43 AM.

02-07-2011, 02:42 AM
looks pretty cool! but yeah, like the guy before me, i'll wait for a verdict first

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
02-07-2011, 03:07 AM
Game Impressions

I picked this up earlier, been playing the last half hour or so. Nice game. Challenging, but satisfying when you get things right. Learning curve is steep though, so beware.

Frame rate is nice and smooth. Controls work well.

What it needs: Gamecenter. Retina.

A bunch of videos are available on YouTube, just search.
02-07-2011, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunglez View Post
I love top-down racers. I'm going to keep a look out and see what the verdict is on this. Thanks for the tip.
I don't think it's a top-down "racer" strictly speaking, as you are the only car on the track, according to the screenshots, the trailer on the game website, and the Youtube videos I looked at.
02-07-2011, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by towelll View Post
I don't think it's a top-down "racer" strictly speaking, as you are the only car on the track, according to the screenshots, the trailer on the game website, and the Youtube videos I looked at.
That's correct. The idea is to complete a short stretch of track in the allotted time, while scoring as high as possible by drifting. Beginning a drift sets of a multiplier which rises rapidly the longer the drift is sustained. You must however end the drift without going off the road or you lose the majority of your points.
02-07-2011, 05:33 AM
Yeah, true. You don't race against another car. Still, I bought it this afternoon and have spent a few hours on it. It's damn addictive...and because it's new I'm near the top in the leader board (AE86!).
Music is good too.
I think some people might be put off by the price but I reckon there's a good 20 hours of gameplay you'll need before youd get even near gold with all the cars on all the tracks. It took me about 10 minutes to get the hang of it. The drift training could be better.
You don't need to use the steering that much...just set the car up then steer it with the throttel, which is what you'd do in real drifting..sort of.
If I could capture video without jailbreaking the iPod I'd upload some runs to Youtube.
02-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunglez View Post
And on and on.. I guess I'll wait until they at least post a video. Couple of really good drifters out right now, and for what I've seen here, not quite sure if I need this one.
02-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Are the game play mechanics like Cubed Rally Racer? I sucked big eggs on that game and never could get the hang of it.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
02-07-2011, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
Are the game play mechanics like Cubed Rally Racer? I sucked big eggs on that game and never could get the hang of it.
Not sure what you mean by mechanics. For what it's worth, I hated CRR, but rather like this game.