★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Zombiegame

03-29-2009, 09:17 PM
Zombiegame

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=309518680&mt=8

Anyone TOFTT this zombie game yet? I love me some zombies, not sure it is worth the $2.

Quote:
You're the last living being in town, maybe the world. Hordes of undead shamble toward you. You have nowhere to run. You have no extra chances. You have no time to reload.

What you do have is a massive stockpile of loaded weapons. If you run out of ammo or your gun just isn't big enough, drop it and blindly grab a new one. Quickly turn to plant a bullet in a zombie lunging to your left, then drop the pistol and obliterate a herd of zombies to your right with one of your many shotguns.

Can *you* survive? (Spoilers: No. Current Record: 5 minutes, 20.27 seconds)

Upcoming First Content Update:

New "Superweapon" System, New Weapon, New Zombie, New Level, Requested Features (Got a feature request or suggestion? Visit our forums!)

Features:

- Simple, intuitive controls (Tilt to Turn, Tap anywhere onscreen to Fire, Tap
weapon to Switch)
- First person perspective
- Endless horde of zombies, increasingly drawn to your gunfire
- Visceral, brain-devouring action
- Blatant, ridiculously overpowered shotgun with a no-nerf(tm) guarantee

Last edited by salsamd; 03-29-2009 at 09:50 PM.
03-29-2009, 09:20 PM
lol, i saw a game i never heard of and i thought "its lordcrom", and it was

03-29-2009, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchampl View Post
i'm going to go take a poop lord, make sure you post any games that might come out....
im sure that is a fact we all needed to know . . .
03-29-2009, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchampl View Post
i'm going to go take a poop lord, make sure you post any games that might come out....
heh heh heh,
he said "poop"
heh heh heh

(said as Beavis)
03-29-2009, 10:00 PM
@jchampl
Wow you're really contributing to this thread in a mature and not douchey fashion. You're also doing a great job at staying on topic.

It doesn't look worth $2 to me. If anyone tries it though, please post your thoughts.
05-16-2009, 08:07 AM
The game is now only a dollar and it has had two updates. Anyone want to TOFTT now?

05-16-2009, 08:14 AM
What's new in this version:
Update #2
-New Golden Weapon: Combat Shotgun
-New Art Added
-New Weapon/Level/Gameplay Mode: Dwindling Stockpile
-More updates on the way!

05-16-2009, 03:21 PM
First Impressions

Okay I have only been playing for a little bit, and so far the game has been pretty challenging (I like that in a zombie game). Game play is pretty basic, tilt to turn and tap to shoot. However it hit me by surprise at how polished the game actually is. There is a smooth tutorial to get you into the game, and there's a total of 4 game modes (more to come in the future I hope) at different locations. They include: Last Stand, Dead Simple, Dying Breath, and Dwindling Stockpile. Each is a different scenario as hinted at in the update notes, with different "rules" affecting game play. The animations are smooth and also very polished. The screenshots don't do this game any justice. The menu screen alone is awesome, as the lights fade on and off. There's also nice polished splash screens while loading (which is very quick). The zombies vary in size and shape, and slowly creep closer.

This is definitely a nice polished survival shooter, and for only a buck it's pretty much worth it. I have also invited the dev here to get ideas and such for future updates.

Last edited by Seishu; 05-16-2009 at 03:26 PM.
05-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
The screenshots don't do this game any justice. The menu screen alone is awesome, as the lights fade on and off. There's also nice polished splash screens while loading (which is very quick). The zombies vary in size and shape, and slowly creep closer.

This is definitely a nice polished survival shooter, and for only a buck it's pretty much worth it. I have also invited the dev here to get ideas and such for future updates.

Developer here. Thanks for pointing me towards these forums, Seishu.

Zombiegame was basically an experiment in gameplay. The original inspiration for the weapons system was Tetris, actually. You have no control over what your next weapon is, but this lets the more overpowered weapons be balanced by rarity. The shotgun would be the line block. Thinking about giving the player preview as to what the next weapon will be, as that's been suggested a few times.

We've been complimented a lot for how the game looks when you're actually playing it. It totally does not look good in still shots. Sadly, that's the only thing you see on the app store, and it's also the first thing that reviewers see. Woops! I'll be sure to have a video trailer by the time the next update hits, which is shaping up to be an interesting one.
05-16-2009, 09:04 PM
Glad to see you finally joined up Kepa, now you'll be able to take in a multitude of feedback and requests.