★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Chicken Coup: The Farm's Gone Crazy!

HD Universal App, created with the Unreal Development Kit, supporting iPhone 4 Retina Display.
---
GamePro iOS App of the Day (2-14-2011):
"Chicken Coup is pitch-perfect... as a quick, pick-up-and-play option it's fine. Plus, it's really pretty."

Hens, Roosters, and Foxes are running wild, and it's up to you to sort them out! Drag the animals into their respective pens, before the wily foxes can steal your precious chickens. Boost your Chicken Power and form Chicken Chains to gain huge Score Multipliers! Use Chicken Bombs to clear the playing field when you need a last-minute save!

Do you have what it takes to be Top of the Pecking Order and complete all the levels? Find out here, earn Achievements, and post your high scores on the GameCenter Leaderboard!

---

Be sure to check out Trendy's online action RPG on the App Store, Dungeon Defenders: First Wave (using Unreal Engine 3)!

PMasher@TrendyEnt's comments:
We've just released our new game, Chicken Coup, to the app store!

---
HD Universal App, created with the Unreal Development Kit, supporting iPhone 4 Retina Display.
---

Hens, Roosters, and Foxes are running wild, and it's up to you to sort them out! Drag the animals into their respective pens, before the wily foxes can steal your precious chickens. Boost your Chicken Power and form Chicken Chains to gain huge Score Multipliers! Use Chicken Bombs to clear the playing field when you need a last-minute save!

Do you have what it takes to be Top of the Pecking Order and complete all the levels? Find out here, earn Achievements, and post your high scores on the GameCenter Leaderboard!

02-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Are the chicken/fox spawns randomized?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

02-07-2011, 06:43 PM
The chickens spawn from the hay piles and the foxes emerge from the forests. However, the different levels change things up a bit to provide some variety.

This is the first unreal development kit mobile title available in the app store =)
02-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by javahawk View Post
The chickens spawn from the hay piles and the foxes emerge from the forests. However, the different levels change things up a bit to provide some variety.

This is the first unreal development kit mobile title available in the app store =)
What's the difference between the UDK and Unreal Engine?
02-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Just picked this up and it's a fun little sorting game nice graphics and sound and it's not easy like a lot of sorting games are this one takes all your concentration . One thing I will say is I'm playing on an IPad and I have a feeling this could be difficult to play on an iPhone or touch due too the smaller screen size but I could be wrong. But if you like this sort of game and are a high score junkee like me well worth a purchase .

Last edited by Howlingwolf; 02-07-2011 at 06:58 PM.
02-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleabag323 View Post
What's the difference between the UDK and Unreal Engine?
UDK is free for developers!

http://www.udk.com/mobile
02-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
Just picked this up and it's a fun little sorting game nice graphics and sound and it's not easy like a lot of sorting games are this one takes all your concentration . One thing I will say is I'm playing on an IPad and I have a feeling this could be difficult to play on an iPhone or touch due too the smaller screen size but I could be wrong. But if you like this sort of game and are a high score junkee like me well worth a purchase .
Thanks!

Yeah we are planning some really fun & unique content for future updates! Including themed environments (think scifi / old west & more!)
02-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Thanks!

Yeah we are planning some really fun & unique content for future updates! Including themed environments (think scifi / old west & more!)
Cool one question though once you complete a level and unlock the next does the completed level then become an endless level so you can see how long you can survive and gain high scores
02-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
Cool one question though once you complete a level and unlock the next does the completed level then become an endless level so you can see how long you can survive and gain high scores
That's correct =)
02-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Quote:
That's correct =)
Great thanks . Btw the second level is hectic having to drag the foxes round the bend near the coops . And the chaining of the chickens and hens is a brilliant idea looking forward to the updates already can see this being one of my go to games