★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Moxie is the original word transformation game...EASY to learn, but CHALLENGING to master.

"Can't. Stop. Playing." - Mashable.com

"Phenomenal!" - 148Apps.com

"Every bit of the game is good." - TheAppera.com

Over 500,000 Moxie games have been downloaded and over 20,000,000 games have been played.

----------------
HOW TO PLAY
----------------
Moxie is all about transforming words into new words. You start with a hand of 52 letters that you go through "Solitaire" style. Place each letter on the board or "Pass". If you "Pass" you can't go back to that letter.

You score points by:

1. Making unique words with the letters

2. Transforming your words into other words by adding and replacing letters. For example: "TIN" becomes "TINE" which becomes "TILE" which becomes "TILED" and so on.

3. Spelling special "Moxie words" for bonus points

Once you spell a word and start transforming it into other words, don't break the word chain! That's a "Twaddle" and you'll lose points.

There's no time limit and while it helps to know a lot of words, Moxie will more greatly reward those who like to think strategically.
----------------

Features:
- 3 game variations
- 6 color themes
- HD graphics support for iPad devices
- Pick up right where you left off
- Global leader board
- Short tutorial video (no internet required)
- Ergonomic design
- Relaxing and refreshing gameplay
- Wholesome

blue ox's comments:
It's the second anniversary of Moxie: The Original Word Game! THANK YOU to the hundreds of thousands of gamers who have downloaded Moxie games over the last 2 years. As part of our celebration you can enjoy Moxie HD and Moxie 2 HD for only 99-cents!

Sincerely,
02-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the sale! Have loved Moxie for a while now. Hope you see good results from the verizon iPhone launch!

02-08-2011, 02:35 PM
I had been playing Moxie 2 on my ipad but for this price I had to get the HD version. Congratulations and Thank You!
02-09-2011, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the kind words!

Christopher York
Blue Ox Technologies Ltd.
02-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Have both Moxie and Moxie 2 for iPhone - never really played them much though. I figured get Moxie 2 HD and actually give myself some actual time in the game, and had a lot of fun. I with I had been playing these for many months now... But, BLTN! Thanks for the sale!!

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
02-10-2011, 09:37 AM
Yes it seems like many folks are reluctant to try Moxie, and probably that's because it doesn't look like any of the other standard word games they're familiar with on the App Store. But once folks start to play, they usually get hooked.

I think our user reviews on the App Store tell the story...

Thanks for playing!

Christopher York
02-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Yeah, these games have the amazing ability of being simple and complex.
02-11-2011, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
Yeah, these games have the amazing ability of being simple and complex.
Also many people enjoy the fact that there's no time limit. It makes the game a relaxing way to unwind.

Christopher York
02-11-2011, 11:22 AM
What is meant by "Game type: Animal?" Curious about what that does.
02-11-2011, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
What is meant by "Game type: Animal?" Curious about what that does.
There are bonus words to score extra points.These are called "Moxie Words". You can choose different categories of bonus words to add variety to the game. "Animal", "Vegetable", and "Mineral" are the bonus categories. Each bonus word list has 64 words in all. Or you can play without bonus words.

I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Christopher York