★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: BITMOR
  • Genre: Role Playing
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 16.5 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Enjoy an interesting combat journey to save a nuclear expert through fighting against terrorists, enemies, light helicopters, light tanks, special aircrafts and highly armored vehicles in various combat zones with multiple weapon options and CLASSIC GAMEPLAY. But it will give you new experience

After you practise in Level 1, you will have to fight against the enemies with better aircrafts and armored vehicles in other more challenging combat zones, such as Broken Bridge, City Ceiling, Trap Area, Dark City Tunnels, Underground Cave and Terrorist Headquarter.

Try and have fun

Tips Press two buttons simultaneously for a combined action.
e.g. Move Forward button + Jump button = Jump Forward

alan@bitmor's comments:
Enjoy an interesting combat journey to save a nuclear expert through fighting against terrorists, enemies, light helicopters, light tanks, special aircrafts and highly armored vehicles in various combat zones with multiple weapon options and CLASSIC GAMEPLAY. But it will give you new experience…

After you practise in Level 1, you will have to fight against the enemies with better aircrafts and armored vehicles in other more challenging combat zones, such as ‘Broken Bridge’, ‘City Ceiling’, ‘Trap Area’, ‘Dark City Tunnels’, ‘Underground Cave’ and ‘Terrorist Headquarter’.

Try and have fun…

01-19-2011, 11:24 AM
#2
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,803
What kind of game is this? If it's one of those games where you send units from the left to the right in some sort of simplified castle defense/rts way, then I won't be interested, but if it's different than that I'd like to try it out.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms

01-19-2011, 11:38 AM
#3
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
What kind of game is this? If it's one of those games where you send units from the left to the right in some sort of simplified castle defense/rts way, then I won't be interested, but if it's different than that I'd like to try it out.
It is a game like a combined contra with Mario. Do you like it?
01-23-2011, 01:07 PM
#4
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,803
This is a good start on a Contra-style game. The graphics are pretty poor...they just look very unpolished and I wish you could have gone with more of a classic retro, pixel style. Graphics don't need to be brilliant, but the characters here and a lot of the environments, excepting a few of the bombed-out buildings are just not very attractive to the eyes.

The shooting bit is not bad though. Like I said, it's much like Contra, although it does seem to play a bit slower and more deliberately. This is not a bad thing, however. You have some variety in weapons with notable differences between them, which is nice.

When it comes to the shooting aspect of the game, something I really like is the controls, which are both unique and for the most part work really well. It's hard to explain, but they're almost like having two gearshifts that you can fix in different positions so your guy will run or shoot in one direction and you can even take your fingers off the screen and he will continue to do so. It's actually easier to use and more intuitive than it sounds. Only thing I wish is that a default forward-fire would happen from a simple right button press.

On the other hand, how the controls work with the platforming aspects of the game really need some attention. It is entirely too easy to just miss platforms when it should be a simple matter of making a short jump. I also wish that after missing a jump I the character was returned to the last platform where he was standing rather than falling straight out of the sky (sometimes back into the pit you just fell into).

Again, it is a nice start. I think with a few updates it could be a great game.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
01-24-2011, 02:06 AM
#5
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 67
War City 1.0- Free for one day- Featured game in UK/USA Role Playing Games

War City 1.0 - featured in UK/USA Role Playing Games, New and Noteworthy

Price drop from $1.99 to zero. Free for 24 hours from now... Pls download it and have fun. And pls leave your review/rating in iTunes if you like it. Thanks.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/war-city/id414028997?mt=8

Description
Enjoy an interesting combat journey to save a nuclear expert through fighting against terrorists, enemies, light helicopters, light tanks, special aircrafts and highly armored vehicles in various combat zones with multiple weapon options and CLASSIC GAMEPLAY. But it will give you new experience…

After you practise in Level 1, you will have to fight against the enemies with better aircrafts and armored vehicles in other more challenging combat zones, such as ‘Broken Bridge’, ‘City Ceiling’, ‘Trap Area’, ‘Dark City Tunnels’, ‘Underground Cave’ and ‘Terrorist Headquarter’.

Try and have fun…




Last edited by alan@bitmor; 01-24-2011 at 02:12 AM. Reason: typo
01-24-2011, 03:25 AM
#6
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 407
Downloading now!

Thx for the info
01-25-2011, 05:13 AM
#7
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
This is a good start on a Contra-style game. The graphics are pretty poor...they just look very unpolished and I wish you could have gone with more of a classic retro, pixel style. Graphics don't need to be brilliant, but the characters here and a lot of the environments, excepting a few of the bombed-out buildings are just not very attractive to the eyes.

The shooting bit is not bad though. Like I said, it's much like Contra, although it does seem to play a bit slower and more deliberately. This is not a bad thing, however. You have some variety in weapons with notable differences between them, which is nice.

When it comes to the shooting aspect of the game, something I really like is the controls, which are both unique and for the most part work really well. It's hard to explain, but they're almost like having two gearshifts that you can fix in different positions so your guy will run or shoot in one direction and you can even take your fingers off the screen and he will continue to do so. It's actually easier to use and more intuitive than it sounds. Only thing I wish is that a default forward-fire would happen from a simple right button press.

On the other hand, how the controls work with the platforming aspects of the game really need some attention. It is entirely too easy to just miss platforms when it should be a simple matter of making a short jump. I also wish that after missing a jump I the character was returned to the last platform where he was standing rather than falling straight out of the sky (sometimes back into the pit you just fell into).

Again, it is a nice start. I think with a few updates it could be a great game.
Thanks for your suggestion.

1. Graphics --- Our designer did it on purpose. And we will have a few better games with different graphics style to show, which will be launched later. We will take your suggestion into consideration. Tks.

2+3. Shooting + Control --- It seems that you were part of our project team. And you know what our project team thought. Regarding the default forward-fire, actually it exists... But the shooting frequency is not high. You just need to simply press the place of forward direction of SHOOT button.

4. Jump -- good suggestion. The reason to make it this way is to help those people, who are NOT good at control, could pass the Platform Jump area through losing a few lives. Otherwise some guys, who are slow @ their finger control, could never pass the level 2.

It is a featured game in both USA and UK Role Playing Games in App Store. And it will be updated soon. In the future, we will provide more better games to you for fun. Thank you very much.

Last edited by alan@bitmor; 01-25-2011 at 05:18 AM. Reason: edit content.
01-25-2011, 07:55 AM
#8
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan@bitmor View Post
2+3. Shooting + Control --- It seems that you were part of our project team. And you know what our project team thought. Regarding the default forward-fire, actually it exists... But the shooting frequency is not high. You just need to simply press the place of forward direction of SHOOT button.
Hi Alan, I hope my comments were helpful. Actually I wasn't part of the project team, but I guess we came to the same conclusion independently? Anyway, I know you can set the forward fire that way, but what I meant was I would have been more comfortable with simply pressing the right button down, not in any direction. I just found in the heat of combat the forward direction was a bit unnecessary and it caused me to miss some chances to shoot earlier.

In any case, thanks for reading and considering my comments. Best of luck to you and your team!

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
02-08-2011, 10:34 AM
#9
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 67
War City Lite 1.1 -(bug fixed) - rating goes up in all the app stores

30 promo codes for USA or UK iphone/itouch users.

Pls download the FREE 'War City Lite' and complete the first level first. If you like it, pls send a PM to me with the words from the commander shown on the last page of the first level. And we will give you a promo code to download the full version War City 1.1 free of charge.

30 promo codes. First come first serve !

War City Lite 1.1
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/war-city-lite/id414175896?mt=8

Description
Enjoy an interesting combat journey to save a nuclear expert through fighting against terrorists, enemies, light helicopters, light tanks, special aircrafts and highly armored vehicles in various combat zones with multiple weapon options and CLASSIC GAMEPLAY. But it will give you new experience

After you practise in Level 1, you will have to fight against the enemies with better aircrafts and armored vehicles in other more challenging combat zones, such as Broken Bridge, City Ceiling, Trap Area, Dark City Tunnels, Underground Cave and Terrorist Headquarter.

Try and have fun

Tips Press two buttons simultaneously for a combined action.
e.g. Move Forward button + Jump button = Jump Forward



02-08-2011, 10:52 AM
#10
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,656
Must admit i've been playing this game a lot. Just reminds me a lot of Green Beret which i used to play on my ZX Spectrum and also Batman on the Gameboy.

Batman was an excellent game, bit like Mario Land, lots of jumping and shooting, was superb.

Been playing War City a lot, done the first few levels, hope theres a sequel at some point