★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Meet the addictive puzzle Cubix: Dragon's Lore!

02-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Meet the addictive puzzle Cubix: Dragon's Lore!

Hello,

We finally did it! Let us introduce our new title to you:

Looking for a new puzzle challenge? Then why not try Cubix - The simply stunning 3D cube crushing puzzle game. With around 200 levels you can discover the mysteries of the Far East and solve the quests as Kirin the legendary dragon. Make use of a multitude of power-ups and bonus blocks and create carnage with the powerful dragon combos. Hot Seat mode allows you to play against your friends on one handset and there's 4 single player game modes for the discerning solo gamer! Take your block busting skills to a whole new dimension with Cubix Dragon's Lore. Oh yes, be careful! It's VERY addictive

Game features:
  • 4 single player game modes
  • HotSeat mode
  • About 200 levels
  • Story mode with a full-blooded plot and upgrade system
The detailed information about the game, including screenshots and trailer is available on the HeroCraft PDA site - http://smart.herocraft.com.

Please, leave your impressions, comments, questions, suggestions... whatever your like =) And thank you for attention!
02-08-2011, 11:40 AM
I really like the look of this, is a lite version coming or a gameplay video.

02-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Just as a warning - there are a couple other games by the name Cubix that come up on a search. So if you are looking for this one here it is:

02-08-2011, 11:44 AM
The presentation looks pretty beautiful from those screenshots, and I have an Achilles heel for Japanese art and themes. Not sure about the gameplay though.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
02-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
It looks to me like those puzzlers with the blocks that slide in from the side that you need to make matches of the stack or in a row. I can't think of the names of a couple I have already but this looks pretty nice graphics wise.
02-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Below is Windows Mobile version as no iPhone video found,but you see how it plays.

Youtube link | Pop Up
02-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Hmm. The whole sliding mechanic from that side and in that direction, at that perspective...the whole thing feels kind of disorienting to me. Probably because I'm just not used to it, but...the video didn't blow me away.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
02-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
Hmm. The whole sliding mechanic from that side and in that direction, at that perspective...the whole thing feels kind of disorienting to me. Probably because I'm just not used to it, but...the video didn't blow me away.
First thing I thought of when I saw the first image was Devil Dice and I love that game. Unfortunately I then noticed a few more pictures and watched the video and the excitement went away.

Damn, now I feel like digging out my PS2 to play Devil Dice again.
02-08-2011, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer View Post
First thing I thought of when I saw the first image was Devil Dice and I love that game. Unfortunately I then noticed a few more pictures and watched the video and the excitement went away.

Damn, now I feel like digging out my PS2 to play Devil Dice again.
The first thing I thought when I saw the first image was, "hmmm, I could go for a Jolly Rancher right about now."

02-09-2011, 04:43 AM
Hello guys! Thank you for your comments! At the moment full version is available in AppStore, and Lite version will be there as well. We are also working on nice video, willl be added to YouTube soon, I will publish the link ASAP.