★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

First .™ then ..™ then ...™ now DOT5URBO™

02-08-2011, 04:27 PM
First .™ then ..™ then ...™ now DOT5URBO™

Hey,

We made .™, ..™ and ...™ as our first foray onto iPhone casual gaming market. All the games were made in 48 hours, and were very simple but (we think) nicely graphical experiments...

we are soon to release DOT5URBO™ (the 5th installment - ....™ was cancelled)

Love to know what you think. We are no experts, just passionate about trying to make something graphical and awesome.

The iPhone version is already better. more bouncy and snappy.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/561724

'The Willy Wonka of the app industry'.
02-09-2011, 05:23 AM
awesome feedback. am i doing something wrong? apologize if i am not using this thread correct

02-09-2011, 05:49 AM
put vids & pics HERE
Don't get desperate as the world is not awake yet.

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys
02-09-2011, 06:43 AM
I've played the pc version right now, very simple playing but addictive.
Fill your thread with a video and/or images as most people expect to find here an exhaustive explanation of your game.
02-09-2011, 07:21 AM
You can't just direct people to Newgrounds to play your game. That's just promoting your game on Newgrounds. You need to post video and images here to attract people to want to check it out on Newgrounds.

As for feedback for your game the flash game on Newgrounds is a good START, but I don't think it alone would make a great iPhone game. Even doodle jump has more variety in it than DOT5URBO. You need to probably update the graphics some, add in some variety, and make it a little more challenging. iPhone games should last anywhere from 3 minutes to 10 minutes. I could have continued playing DOT5URBO for another 15-20 minutes.

http://www.VortexGamesInc.com

A new indie game development company with fun and passion in our heart.

Last edited by VortexGamesInc; 02-09-2011 at 07:24 AM.
02-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the feedback, totally learning this forum thing, and those words make sense..

so in answer.. in terms of graphical style.. do you mean add more syrup later in the development of the game, so it develops more? so far we have colour change but I guess we might need more juice...

re the time, we imagine the best player will get about 2-3 mins at best.. it gets very very fast the longer you play.

How do i add pics on here???

02-09-2011, 02:29 PM
got to 11000 without getting hit the first time i played....thats not good. game requires more. unless youre giving it up for free.

Plus+/openfeint: nesio718 Game Center: panama chief
Playing: this new iPad....DAT RETINA!!!
Waiting for: SALES!!!!
02-09-2011, 02:51 PM
defs don't want people getting 11000 without trying, but this is the flash version which is a lot easier than the iOS.

The flash is a proof of concept (or not proof in this case!)

The app will be free. Suported with iAds with the ability to remove adverts if the player really objects to them.

The part where you say 'unless its free' interests me. DO you feel a free game doesn’t have to be as good as a paid? I'm thinking that if we release DOT5URBO™ and players say that’s its ok because it is free, we will have failed..

if the game is harder (which it will be for sure) and better with betetr everything, do you think it will be compelling enough as a niche but addictive quick play toilet game?

02-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by millsustwo View Post
How do i add pics on here???
Q Reply, Go advanced, you will have attachment options

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys
02-10-2011, 12:59 PM
ok, still doing this wrong, ill pay to be a power user so i can upload in here.. in the mean time i have made what I consider to be an intersting video of the development of DOT5URBO™ from the initial sketch to where we are today. the new flash version will go out tomorrow, based on all the feedback, and the iOS around April 1st.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xzDfnccwJI