★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: TNA Wrestling

03-30-2009, 12:32 AM
TNA Wrestling

tna wrestling

anyone try it yet? graphics are very cartoony and it's turn based moves so doesn't sound great but I'm still intriged!
03-30-2009, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviet View Post
tna wrestling

anyone try it yet? graphics are very cartoony and it's turn based moves so doesn't sound great but I'm still intriged!
Here's a better (direct) link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=305747910&mt=8

And it's $4.99

Twitter: @Zincous

03-30-2009, 12:44 AM
on my iPod so that was the only link I could do
03-30-2009, 01:23 AM
I'm not a wrestling fan but the turn-based gameplay (were those cards/moves shown below) intrigues me. Anyone TOFTT?
03-30-2009, 01:32 AM
Downloading now looks like an improved version of the one they released on mobile phones a year ago.

Will post impressions when I have had a quick go.

I am a sucker for these wrestling games, Legends of Wrestlemania was terrible this will be better im sure as the old mobile TNA game was better than iPhone Legends of Wrestlemania!!
03-30-2009, 01:37 AM
I'm not into wrestling that much anymore but the TNA athletes are amazing to watch. I'm all about the Beautiful Peoples' entrance This game reminds me of the good ol' NES wrestling games haha. Seems kind of cool, I'm looking forward to the review.

Touch K.O. Knockout Kid
03-30-2009, 01:42 AM
Just had a quick go for 2 seconds its pretty good if your into wrestling, all moves are done by touching icons on the screen and you can only do certain moves if you have enough battle points as each move is worth a certain amount of battle points.

The graphics are 2D and very crisp and nice to look at, better than badly done 3D in my opinion, they have added in touch screen gestures that you have to follow when doing moves which is nice so its not just a straight port of the mobile phone version.

Will be back with more impressions soon but so far it blows Legends of Wrestlemania out of the water.

Last edited by Mideon; 03-30-2009 at 01:46 AM.
03-30-2009, 01:49 AM
Sounds pretty interesting so far.

Touch K.O. Knockout Kid
03-30-2009, 01:04 PM
I went ahead and picked it up. Played through 3 matches in the career mode.

You have a certain amount of action points to do your moves in matches and gain xp in relation to the amount of stamina left at the end of the match.

So far each person that I beat, I picked up their finishing move to use. As you level up you gain more basic move combos and more stamina (health).
If you complete a move combo you do whatever move is there. To add to the matches, you have 3 different defenses. Avoid, counter, and reverse. Each one can only be used once a match, so picking the right time can turn the match.

The other large portion of the game is the story. It actually gives you several set responses which gives you xp towards face or heel xp bars to lvl up. There is a lot of dialogue, maybe too much at times, but its not too bad due to receiving xp depending on your responses.

I did lose a match, it just made me restart the match.

After the initial customization, I came across another time it let me update my character with a few more options, so I'm guessing throughout you unlock more clothes.

So far it seems like a decent turnbased game, with it added that its wrestling makes it different. I'm not disappointed with the purchase yet and have not made it to a tag team match, which i'll update how that works if ppl care.
03-30-2009, 01:36 PM
^^^ I care.
Please update accordingly.