★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: # Congrats! 'New and Noteworthy' Chosen(Feb.:) #
***Reviews***
"Overall, Ready Action is a great platform game, and offers many exciting levels. You are sure to enjoy jumping and attacking your way past enemies for hours. For $1.99 it is great game to add to your iPhone." - AppAdvice.com

"Vibrant cartoonish parodies / The cartoonish designs are fantastic and the animations remain smooth throughout." - AppSpy.com

"Imagine my surprise while I was playing Ready Action! ($1.99) and found myself enjoying myself thoroughly and reminiscing about my childhood playing Mega-Man, Little Nemo, and a slew of other 8-bit platformers. This really is a very well-executed design with pleasantly nostalgic gameplay." - Qwertyhub.com

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=930682-gUk4) - iNicoFun; Gameplay

'Ready Action' is a legitimacy Platformer game.
Game starts with hero 'Jimmy', who wants to be an actor, joining a poor studio.
Poor studio has not enough money for film, so Jimmy need to shoot many scene in 30sec!
And Jimmy has to play a multiple role, shooting while changing various costumes.
Now, we have 3 parody themes, 65 stages.
Plz help our poor Jimmy to become an actor!:)

1) Play Control
(Left) / (Right) / (Attack) / (Jump) / x2(Double Jump, Flying)

2) Game Object
- 30 sec. Limited time (Can buy time from exchange booth)
- Complete stage mission such as finding cut sign, searching for gems, saving doctor.

3) Play Guideline
- Exchange booth: stop on it, and touch the screen.
- Costume: various and unique 17 costumes. 'strong power, can fly, double jump' grasp characteristic before buying them.

***BETA TESTER(in touchArcade Forum)***
-sk47z
The game is as great as before no doubt!
-nicodemus82
yeah, the game was fun from the start and is still fun now. I also like all the additional graphics that have been added.
-FPE
The game was fun before and it is fun now! Plus I really find the little changes in graphics and sounds (and I play with my bose on ...) really nice.

*** Check out other game from HOTDOG Studio? 'Fluffy Diver, Bugs Wars, Dark Shrine 3D, Lets Flair'
- Twitter: @hotdog_games
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/hotdogstudio.global
- Homepage: http://www.hotdogstudio.co.kr/eng/index.asp

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

'Ready Action' is a legitimacy Platformer game.

Game starts with hero 'Jimmy', who wants to be an actor, joining a poor studio.

Poor studio has not enough money for film, so Jimmy need to shoot many scene in 30sec!
And Jimmy has to play a multiple role, shooting while changing various costumes.

Now, we have 2 parody themes, 50 stages.
Plz help our poor Jimmy to become an actor!:)

<<< BETA TESTER(in touchArcade Forum) >>>
-sk47z
The game is as great as before no doubt!
-nicodemus82
yeah, the game was fun from the start and is still fun now. I also like all the additional graphics that have been added.
-FPE
The game was fun before and it is fun now! Plus I really find the little changes in graphics and sounds (and I play with my bose on ...) really nice.

1) Play Control
◀(Left) / ▶(Right) / ⓐ(Attack) / ⓙ(Jump) / ⓙx2(Double Jump, Flying)

2) Game Object
- 30 sec. Limited time (Can buy time from exchange booth)
- Complete stage mission such as finding cut sign, searching for gems, saving doctor.

3) Play Guideline
- Exchange booth: stop on it, and touch the screen.
- Costume: various and unique 16 costumes. 'strong power, can fly, double jump' grasp characteristic before buying them.

Check out other game from HOTDOG Studio? 'Dark Shrine 3D' and 'Lets Flair'

<<< Follow HOTDOG Studio on Twitter and Facbook >>>
- Twitter: @hotdog_games
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/hotdogstudio.global
02-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Finally out!

-----
On GC I am FPEX

02-09-2011, 09:10 AM
Another game with awful character designs. Hopefully the gameplay is good.
02-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
Another game with character designs I don't like. Hopefully the gameplay is good.
Corrected that for you . I personally think it looks awesome, and the mashing up of Viewtiful Joe and Half-Minute hero is pretty brilliant. But yeah, I hope the gameplay's good, too.
02-09-2011, 09:18 AM
I actually like the art even doubled up on ipad!

-----
On GC I am FPEX
02-09-2011, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Corrected that for you . I personally think it looks awesome, and the mashing up of Viewtiful Joe and Half-Minute hero is pretty brilliant. But yeah, I hope the gameplay's good, too.
Both excellent games. I hope this one is great too.
Speaking of which, Half-Minute Hero realllllllly needs to be ported/cloned to iOS

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
02-09-2011, 02:44 PM
tag....keeping an eye out on this app. hopefully we get some UK impressions soon.

Plus+/openfeint: nesio718 Game Center: panama chief
Playing: this new iPad....DAT RETINA!!!
Waiting for: SALES!!!!
02-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Planning your release dates is an art. This looks good, but with all the other stuff out today AND the sales?..
02-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Looks like 2 hours worth of shovelware. Oh well, I work on Bay Street and make $400 an hour. No problem here.
02-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Game Impressions

The biggest thing this game has going for it is the somewhat unique concept. Yes, in a way it's still a mish-mash of well-worn ideas, but the whole manages to feel more unique than the sum of its parts, and that's an achievement.

There is a definite, pervasive sense of fun about the whole thing. (In a very Japanese way.) Which is also a good thing. The game manages to feel like an experience you want to see to its conclusion at least once.

Technically though, is where for me things feel a bit flat. Not to any game-breaking point by any means; not even close; it's just with the creative side setting the bar so high I can't help wishing it were matched technically as well. Make this game run at 60 FPS and it would truly be a joy to play. As it is though, the frame rate and scrolling are just jerky enough to be noticeable and get in the way of a great experience.