★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Pocket God Journey to Uranus: Ep 2 - Electric Booga Loo [$4.99 -> $.99]

02-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Pocket God Journey to Uranus: Ep 2 - Electric Booga Loo [$4.99 -> $.99]

Hey Guys,

I'm going to try to do a separate state of the island for the iPad game as well as the iPhone game. This is a little late, since we just got the approval email from Apple but we have been working hard on the Pocket God episode 37.

So, we listened to everyone's feedback and decided to do a sandbox update for PGU so we could give it some of the classic powers that people enjoy on the main version of the game. We added day, night, and storm clouds to both planets. We made both statues functional, and added a Fire dragon to Uranus.

On Earth, the powers behave like you would expect. you can scroll the sun and moon to turn it from day to night, there is a sunset, the pygmies sleep and stare at the sunset. You can drag lightning from the storm clouds and shock the Pygmies. The statues says "You Know you love Pocket God" and vaporizes all the pygmies on the island. All the graphics have been upgraded as well.

On Uranus, we added all new versions of each of these powers. The Moon is visible in both day and night time, and you can drag it in an arc across the screen to transition to the different day and night modes. there is a different sunset. the storm clouds are actually poison clouds like in Dragons on Uranus and instead of lightning, you can drag a trail of these clouds up and poison the pygmies on the island. The coolest feature is the Fire Dragon which only comes out at night. when the Sun is down, he flies back and forth across the top of the screen, and when you tap and hold him, he starts shooting fireballs where ever you aim with your finger. then you can use these fireballs to burn the pygmies.

It's a pretty meaty update, there are a lot of features we added and we really wanted to add some classic stuff along with stuff that no one has seen yet.

Next update we will be adding Mercury, which will be the racing planet (Mercury is the messenger god that has wings on his sandals). We are starting to work with a new artist that can help take the PGU responsibilities off Allan's plate and he is working on a really awesome planet with a sea full of mercury. We are also going to be adding the same types of features for the planet that we added in this update. Storm clouds, a statue, day and night: and they will all work a bit differently than the other planets.

also, some news about the main Pocket God game, we are working hard to submit this weekend. We have been looking for people to help us out so we can try and keep to a 4 week per update schedule. we'll try and do PGU update submissions toward the start of each month, and PG submissions around the 15th.

update: we also added a tribe screen like on the original version that you can use to name your pygmies and also tally the sacrifices that you do.

Last edited by davecazz; 02-09-2011 at 09:18 PM.
02-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Hooray! Looking forward to it. My youngest was very disappointed when she tapped on the statue and nothing happened.

Although, here comes another reason for my kids to take over the iPad... guess I'll have to get iPad 2 to relieve congestion

02-09-2011, 08:15 PM
This is cool. Thanks for the info update. Better to know and look forward to it, than be in the dark and wonder.
02-09-2011, 09:15 PM
Is this not a free update? When I click the update link it then says BUY APP.
02-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Grimstone82 View Post
Is this not a free update? When I click the update link it then says BUY APP.
its free, you must have not logged in with the same account that you used to buy it.
02-09-2011, 09:22 PM
That was weird, I clicked the BUY APP button and a window popped up saying that the update was free because I already own the app. Never seen that before. Anyhoo, downloading now. Thanks
02-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Looks sweet. Is it out?
02-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Great update. Definitely better than before-- love the added features for Uranus planet--

Hmm... I wonder what the easter eggs are on each planet..

Top 5 Apps Dead Space. World of Goo. AC II: Discovery. Plants vs Zombies 1 and 2.
02-09-2011, 10:03 PM
It's out
02-10-2011, 03:35 AM
I found a glitch: play either the dragon or the black hole games and die (doesn't matter how long I play).

The end screen will show the Volcano Blast game with a score of 13000 and a high score of 166000 (they're not my scores in any game).

that's already odd.

Tap on exit and you're faced with a blank screen. Thankfully, there's the menu on the left to choose exit from, otherwise I'd have to quit the game.

Volcano Blast works fine though.

I just found that once I've played Volcano, my score and high score now appear at the end of the Black Hole or Dragon games, along with the volcano splash screen...

Is it just me or do other people see this?