★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *NOW FREE for a LIMITED TIME!*
a WILD BOAR has STOLEN your LUNCH! now it's TIME to CATCH HIM!
RUN, JUMP, and THROW ACORNS! cross RIVERS, climb MOUNTAINS, and MORE!

a young lumberjack named ritchie was taking his lunch one day, when all of a sudden, a nasty wild boar popped out from behind a tree, and stole his lunchbox and axe! determined to recover his belongings, ritchie set out on a journey through the forest to find the swine thief.

little did he know what troubles he would find!

classic PLATFORMER GAMEPLAY
ingenious LEVEL DESIGN
'fantasy lite' ART STYLE

6 uniquely landscaped ENVIRONMENTS
36 action-packed LEVELS
12 challenging BOSSES
100+ hidden BONUS ITEMS
game center LEADERBOARDS + ACHIEVEMENTS

http://twitter.com/TRINITIgames
http://facebook.com/TRINITIgames
02-09-2011, 11:47 PM
This looks alright, but why would I buy something from a company that devalues their own games to below 3c each? Not to mention churns them out in numbers suggesting that's all they're worth too.

Yoo Sports was the last chance I gave them and that was a mistake. Never again if I can help it.

02-10-2011, 06:31 AM
Anyone pick this up? Impressions?

Gamecenter: MicroByte
Jetpack Joyride: all 125 medals :: Golden Tophat winner :: Special Half-Brick Prize
Playing: Sonic Racing Transformed | Giant Boulder of Death | Dead Trigger 2 | Jetpack Joyride
02-10-2011, 06:40 AM
A video would be nice, the screens looks great.
02-10-2011, 07:09 AM
Game Impressions

It's a competent platformer that at least in the first two levels bring absolutely nothing new to the table. Compared to League of Evil or Ready Action, it feels tired, though the mechanics are decent enough to make it somewhat fun.

How's that for an endorsement?
02-10-2011, 07:27 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
It's a competent platformer that at least in the first two levels bring absolutely nothing new to the table. Compared to League of Evil or Ready Action, it feels tired, though the mechanics are decent enough to make it somewhat fun.

How's that for an endorsement?
Considering it's only 99 cents... that's not a bad endorsement at all... =oP

Bought it, haven't played it yet... I'm still messin around with Caster (still FREE ATM) - but I'll leave some comments by tomorrow... =oD

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Cardinal Quest 2, Pixel Dungeon, Asdivine Hearts, Super Retro Bros., Storm The Train
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid
02-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
So I decided to put Caster down for a minute, and ended up playing the first 3 levels...

I have to admit, I'm pretty damn impressed with Triniti... if Robo Rush had controls like this, it'd be a MUCH better game!

As far as comparing it to other games... League Of Evil and Ready Action are pretty bad games to compare it to, as they're both speed run games, and this is obviously in the Mario type genre of platformers...

For 99 cents... totally worth it. Is it a TOP NOTCH platformer? No...

But it's totally worth getting if you're a fan of the genre. =o)

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Cardinal Quest 2, Pixel Dungeon, Asdivine Hearts, Super Retro Bros., Storm The Train
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid
02-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
So I decided to put Caster down for a minute, and ended up playing the first 3 levels...

I have to admit, I'm pretty damn impressed with Triniti... if Robo Rush had controls like this, it'd be a MUCH better game!

As far as comparing it to other games... League Of Evil and Ready Action are pretty bad games to compare it to, as they're both speed run games, and this is obviously in the Mario type genre of platformers...

For 99 cents... totally worth it. Is it a TOP NOTCH platformer? No...

But it's totally worth getting if you're a fan of the genre. =o)
Does this mean you would recomend this over "ready action"? The reason why I'm asking is because I only have $2.15 left on my account and I can't decide which one of the two to get.
02-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Very good platformer for my money. Has GC achievements, although they could definitely had been more creative when making the achievements. The jump sound is pulled right from the Mario games. Only played 3 levels so far, but I would recommend it, or you could wait for the inevitable update to one of the Gamebox apps to include this game for free...

Game Center ID: Snooptalian
02-10-2011, 08:15 PM
i agree, the game is pretty good. i like the art and gameplay is pretty solid. its well worth the dollar it costs.