★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: KONAMI
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 24.9 MB
  • Version: 1.0.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Have a BLAST blowing up enemies in Bomberman Chains! Now Free to Play!

148 Apps: 4/5 Star Rating - Bomberman Chains is about as simple as a Match-3 game can get, but its simplicity makes it hard to put down.

YOUR GOAL: Vaporize colorful monsters by matching them in lines of 3 or more. Got a bomb? Blast away those pesky enemies into bits! Remember to also keep those fingers busy by creating chains of matches as quickly as possible to reach the highest score!

Eliminate enemies by matching monsters of the same color into lines of three or more.
- Dont wait for the monsters to disappear after making a match.
- Continuously make matches to make chains!
- Knock out more chains to get more points.- Bomberman will supply you with a bomb for clearing 4 or more enemies in a row.- Tap the bomb to wipe out lines of enemies. More bombs means more points!

* Play mode
Clear each stage by accomplishing the mission objectives. As your skill advances, the difficulty of the level will increase as well.

* 30 Second mode
Try to achieve a high score in 30 seconds.

* 60 Second mode
Try to achieve a high score in 60 seconds.

Bomberman Chains is compatible with iPhone 3GS or later, iPod Touch 3rd generation or later, and iPad. Download it FREE and Have a blast in Bomberman Chains!

By Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

【$0.99 for the first 10,000 people.】
$1.99 → $0.99
2nd game collaboration featuring Bomberman in 3 puzzle games from HUDSON and RucKyGAMES!
Flick enemy characters together and take them out with bombs!
How to Play:
flick and exchange enemies and match 3 or more in a row to make them vanish.
Create chains by clearing enemies for a high score. New enemies will appear as they vanish so be sure to get them all!

Bomberman will supply you with a bomb for clearing 4 or more enemies in a row.
Tap the bomb to clear all enemies at once. Drop lots of bombs for high scores.

More chains increase your bomb firepower gauge.
A full gauge will empower you with 1 square of firepower.
The gauge decreases with time so build chains to increase your firepower.

- Play
Each stage has clearance targets. Clear each stage by killing the target numbers only.
Confirm by pressing the MENU button during play.

- 30 seconds
This game is to get a high score in 30 seconds.
Flick quickly to stop chains from disappearing quickly.

- 60 seconds
This game is to get a high score in 60 seconds.
Best for bomb pros!

- Retina Display support.
- Game Center support.

“Bomberman Chains” is compatible with;
- iPhone 3GS or later
- iPod touch 3rd generation or later
- iPad
02-10-2011, 02:15 AM
Picked this up earlier and I really like it. It is your standard match three but bombs come in to play when chains are created. There a cople of timed modes and a standard mode.

I really like the doodle look and the touch controls are spot on.

02-10-2011, 02:17 AM
I'd rather a real bomberman game...

plus+: Collokey
"Words/Chess With Friends": Collokey
02-10-2011, 05:38 AM
Originally Posted by magihiro View Post
I'd rather a real bomberman game...
You mean like this or this ?

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
02-10-2011, 05:45 AM
The Bomberman+match-3 part is cool. In fact, it would've been enough to make me buy it at $1 if it weren't for the doodle part.
02-10-2011, 06:00 AM
Game Impressions

Like the game, but the animations after you make a match are too slow. I understand you can keep matching in the process but still. Even the bomb explosions are animated too slowly and break up the gameplay too much. Would be a cinch to fix; all you need do is speed up the animations, nothing else, and would improve the gameplay significantly. No clue if that will ever happen though. As is, still not a bad match 3; probably something more for match 3 completists though and bomberman fans than for the average Joe.
02-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Are we done with doodle graphics yet?
02-10-2011, 12:16 PM
I wonder if this will be the last game from Hudson. Shame, I was hoping there would be a revamped Bonk somewhere in the future.

Gamecenter: MicroByte
Jetpack Joyride: all 125 medals :: Golden Tophat winner :: Special Half-Brick Prize
Playing: Sonic Racing Transformed | Giant Boulder of Death | Dead Trigger 2 | Jetpack Joyride
02-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by Prab View Post
You mean like this or this ?
They're both terrible. Neither are the bomberman I've grown to love, with battle royale and everything.

EDIT: I see the second link has battle mode, which I don't think it used to (I've checked these apps multiple times for it). Maybe I found my bomberman itch.

plus+: Collokey
"Words/Chess With Friends": Collokey
09-15-2014, 03:12 PM
Game seem to have switched the Owner last Week from Hudson to Konami and is now Free.