★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Updates for Galcon and Scrabble

07-29-2008, 03:30 PM
Updates for Galcon and Scrabble

Galcon now has sound effects!
Sound effects are running in the background so you can listen to music AND hear them!
I've also noticed a new bot on the higher levels of play, It's capable of redirecting it's fleet. This is NOT in the original Galcon. I've never seen this before and Phil confirms that it is a brand new bot

Scrabble has stability improvements and now uses the 4th edition scrabble dictionary
Scrabble is now running MUCH faster. Going from a game to the menu is very quick

Go get them!

Last edited by VeganTnT; 07-29-2008 at 04:03 PM. Reason: updated impressions after playing a bit with each
08-01-2008, 03:16 PM
Galcon is a dangerous game, that update was great that it added sound, I end up playing that game till my eyes water or my battery runs out.
08-01-2008, 04:32 PM
I've been holding off buying Scrabble based on all the stability reports, now may be the right time...although I still think it's lame that they messed with the traditional (and smarter) color scheme of the board. Thanks for the heads up!
08-01-2008, 05:48 PM
I finally got Galcon yesterday and I can't believe I went this long without getting it. I'm not big on RTS games, but this one hits the nail on the head, very addictive. I'm up to level 5 A.I. now, and it's starting to beat me some.

08-05-2008, 01:42 PM
Multi Touch

Phil asked me if I could do a little video of multi touch on galcon. I've never really done one before so I would appreciate if someone checked it out and let me know what they think, what I should change, etc.

the video on my blog