★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Tangled 1.3 ($0.99c)

03-30-2009, 10:37 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Tangled 1.3 ($0.99c)

Tangled 1.1 is a simple yet mind bending puzzle game. The goal of the game is to "untangle" the lines and make sure they don't overlap. Touch the dots and drag the lines to untangle them. You can now play the famous Planarity / Untangle game on your iPhone or iPod Touch.

The 20 carefully designed puzzles provide a smooth learning curve. Once you've finished all 20, you can have unlimited fun with the randomly generated puzzles.

Features:

- Set of 20 puzzles carefully designed in increasing difficulty

- Unlimited randomly generated puzzles with 10 difficulty levels

New Features in 1.1:

* Improved graphics
* Reset Button
* Home Button
* Increased the difficulty in the Random mode
* Improved performance and stability

I just wanted to let touchArcade know about a game I made for the iPhone / iPod. I would also love to get some feedback to see what I could improve (positive or negative).

There's also a new Lite version to try out before buying:

Thank you

Billy Lavoie

Last edited by Rudy; 04-19-2009 at 10:41 PM.
03-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Hi Billy, and welcome to the forums.

I recently e-mailed the dev of The Plateau if he could e-mail me some screenshots of the harder/hardest levels, since I've known this game from the Pocket PC and was quite good at it. So if I'm getting this game for the iPod Touch, I want to be challenged.

The dev didn't reply yet (I e-mailed him/her Saturday and I don't expect devs to reply in the weekend, so I'll give him/her some time), but I'd like to ask you the same question. Can you show me a few screenshots of the random puzzles in level 4 and 5?

Thanks for starting the thread this way, with screenshots and a link. If you'd just put the price in the title (not sure if that's possible) or in the post, that would be perfect.

Stefan

03-30-2009, 11:08 AM
well the forum won't let me change the title so I can't add the price. I'm selling it for $0.99.

As for the level of difficulty, the final puzzle has 35 points and 79 lines it should be pretty challenging. As for the random puzzles, right now the hardest level generates about 50 points and a lot of lines

I am planning to keep working no the game (more puzzles, tweak the random algorithm etc) and I would love to get user feedback (on top of the feedback I got from the pre release testers)

You can have a look at the official blog for some better pictures http://billylavoie.blogspot.com/

I will try to make some new pictures for you tonight (unfortunately I am at work right now )
03-30-2009, 12:14 PM
Thanks for your reply.

35-50 points sounds good, I think I've played puzzles with a few more points on the PocketPC but there I can use a stylus, for the finger it's probably better to not have too much points on the screen. I look forward to the screenshots of those harder levels.

Is there any visual feedback on the status of the points/lines? It looks like lines that are no longer crossed by other lines turn from blue to white, is that correct? That would be nice.

Also, there's a feature that was in the PocketPC game I played. If I put my stylus/finger on a point, all the points it was connected to, changed color. That way you can easily see which point you need to drag. (Sometimes when there are a lot of lines crossing and there are a lot of points close to each other, it can be difficult to see which lines connect to which points)
Is this in the game already and if not, is this something you'd like?

I could probably get used to the game without this feature (The Plateau also doesn't have it) but it's nice to know your thoughts on it. The Plateau says it has 50 stages of difficulty but if their easiest and hardest puzzles are similar to your easiest and hardest, it doesn't matter too much.

Stefan
03-30-2009, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spmwinkel View Post
Thanks for your reply.
Is there any visual feedback on the status of the points/lines? It looks like lines that are no longer crossed by other lines turn from blue to white, is that correct? That would be nice.

Also, there's a feature that was in the PocketPC game I played. If I put my stylus/finger on a point, all the points it was connected to, changed color. That way you can easily see which point you need to drag. (Sometimes when there are a lot of lines crossing and there are a lot of points close to each other, it can be difficult to see which lines connect to which points)
Is this in the game already and if not, is this something you'd like?
You are right, the blue lines are tangled while the white lines are not.

I love the idea of having the connected points change color, I will make sure this goes in 1.1 Should be really simple to implement too! Thanks for the idea
03-30-2009, 12:57 PM
I just bought the game since you seem to be an active dev and you came to TA. Welcome!

Glad to see you are open to feedback and changes to your game to make it better, I like that.

Twitter: @Zincous
03-30-2009, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
I just bought the game since you seem to be an active dev and you came to TA. Welcome!

Glad to see you are open to feedback and changes to your game to make it better, I like that.
I love to get feedback, I'm sure I won't always be able to implement requested changes but I'll try my best. I tried to get as much feedback as I could from the few testers I had before I released the game but I had a feeling I was going to get more when it would be release

I see from your sig that you're quite the Trism player If it wasn't for that game I'm sure I would have been able to release Tangled a long time ago heheh
03-30-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm not sure if I should just get this one or give the The Plateau devs a day or two to reply to my e-mail. The "active dev" argument is something that could absolutely convince me, but if the 50 levels in The Plateau really add something, it'd be unfortunate to 'punish' the The Plateau devs for not responding to my e-mail during the weekend.

Stefan

Last edited by spmwinkel; 03-30-2009 at 01:08 PM.
03-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
I see from your sig that you're quite the Trism player If it wasn't for that game I'm sure I would have been able to release Tangled a long time ago heheh
Lol yeah I like Trism quite a bit Glad you like it too

Is there a way to get back to the main menu without closing the app if your in a game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spmwinkel View Post
I'm not sure if I should just get this one or give the The Plateau devs a day or two to reply to my e-mail. The "active dev" argument is something that could absolutely convince me, but if the 50 levels in The Plateau really add something, it'd be unfortunate to 'punish' the The Plateau devs for not responding to my e-mail during the weekend.
Get both

Here is a screenshot for you of level 5 random generated level though:

Let me know if you want more.

Twitter: @Zincous
03-30-2009, 01:13 PM
Moved to the games forum section as it is a puzzle game. Welcome to the forum Rudy.