★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A challenging word game created for the most demanding crossword fan as well as for those who enjoy a simple, fast moving game.

Cube X Words puts your language skills and your wits to the test! Are you sharper than your friends?

The game has two modes, the classic game mode where you try to maximize your points making crosswords while the radioactive sand falls and a second one we named "Arcade" where dice are so HOT that they EXPLODE if you don't use them quickly!!!

Choose from the 3 available cube sets: English, Kids and Spanish (how good is your español, amigo?). Would you like to practice your favorite language? French? Dutch? German? Tell us and we will include the most popular in the next update!

Cube X Words has Game Center Leaderboards and Achievements and Facebook integration!

We know you will enjoy this game, since we can't stop playing it... ;)

Rula's comments:

iTunes Description

A challenging word game created for the most demanding crossword fan as well as for those who enjoy a simple, fast moving game.

Cube X Words puts your language skills and your wits to the test! Are you sharper than your friends?

The game has two modes, the classic game mode where you try to maximize your points making crosswords while the radioactive sand falls and a second one we named "Arcade" where dice are so HOT that they EXPLODE if you don't use them quickly!!!

Choose from the 3 available cube sets: English, Kids and Spanish (how good is your español, amigo?). Would you like to practice your favorite language? French? Dutch? German? Tell us and we will include the most popular in the next update!

Cube X Words has Game Center Leaderboards and Achievements and Facebook integration!

We know you will enjoy this game, since we can't stop playing it...
02-11-2011, 07:47 AM
Promo codes giveaway!

Hi, I am one of the developers of Cube X Words. In order to celebrate its release, I'll be giving away 10 promo codes. You can apply for one of them by posting on this same thread, but certain conditions apply:

1) You have to post here declaring your intentions (so you don't disappear later).
2) In exchange for the free game I expect you to have the decency of posting some feedback later after you've played and explored the game. It doesn't have to be a long elaborate review, but some impressions that will allow us to understand if you liked it or not, if you found something annoying, fun, boring, something you'd like to see that is not there, etc. That is: some feedback that will allow us to either understand what works and what doesn't work about the game.
3) In order to prove you are serious, post a link to another game in Touch Arcade were you gave valuable feedback or made a quick review ("valuable" doesn't mean it has to be "positive" feedback, but always respectful, of course). Hint: "Looks nice! I'll check it later!" is not feedback.

I'll PM the promo code to the first 10 people that comply with the previous 3 conditions. We've worked very hard for several months in order to make this game, and asking for a comment in exchange of giving it for free sounds fair to us. If you don't like the conditions, then please don't ask for a code.

Well, thanks to all of you from the Agile Route development team! We hope you have fun with Cube X Words!

iPhone/iPodTouch game developer:Hanto
Mac game developer http://www.cubexwords.com

02-11-2011, 08:29 AM
I would love a promo code and will post a review on the uk app store as well as leaving game impressions on TA . I cant post a link too any reviews or impressions I have left as I'm on my iPad and can't get access to my PC at this time but I have left loads since I have been a TA member . I hope that is ok for a code
02-11-2011, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
I would love a promo code and will post a review on the uk app store as well as leaving game impressions on TA . I cant post a link too any reviews or impressions I have left as I'm on my iPad and can't get access to my PC at this time but I have left loads since I have been a TA member . I hope that is ok for a code
That's ok, I just sent you the code.

9 codes to go...

02-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Ok first of all I would like too thank the developers for the code .
Now too the game itself and first off I would like too say this game has a lot of polish one of the best I have seen word game wise.

The game is split into two types Classic and Arcade and each type has four difficulty levels easy , normal ,hard and insane .

First the classic mode you start off with 13 letter cubes which you have too place onto the playing area to make words you do this in the same style as you would in scrabble and as in scrabble each letter has a value . You are also allowed too press the exchange button once to replace any cubes you have left . The game itself is played against a timer and once this runs out you are scored for the words you have made and given minus scores for the letters you have not used . You are also given a time bonus if you complete your words quickly and press the finish button .

Now for the arcade mode in this game you start off with 10 lives and 10 cubes you make words as you did in classic mode . But this time as you use letters they are automatically replaced with others . This game has no timer but the cubes themselves after awhile catch on fire and you have too quickly use them too make a word if not they explode forcing you too lose one of your lives . You can also throw letters away into the dump but this also costs you a life .

Overall this is a very fun word game which is very polished and I would recommend it but there are a couple of things I think could be added too make it even better which I will mention next .

The main thing I see that needs too be changed is the burning letters because whilst they are burning some of the letters are very hard too see what they are the letters R and B being the hardest . The next thing which is not a fault of the game but a suggestion is on classic mode instead of the game ending when you run out of time it would be nice if you manage too use all of your letters the game gives you another set of 13 and the time resets allowing you too keep going and totalling up your score until you cant use all of your letters if that makes sense .

I would also like too mention this game comes with Gamecenter achievements and leaderboards .
02-11-2011, 11:02 AM
I'd love a code as well. I'll be happy to post a review in the US store once I've had a chance to play it. This looks like a fun game.
02-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzlemi View Post
I'd love a code as well. I'll be happy to post a review in the US store once I've had a chance to play it. This looks like a fun game.
Sent! 8 to go. Please copy your review here in TA too.

@Howlingwolf: thank you very much for the review AND the feedback! That was certainly useful.

02-11-2011, 12:47 PM
I have just noticed something else that could do with addressing in an update . The leaderboards need to be separated into the different difficulty levels .
02-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Hi ! I'd love a code for your game. I like word games a lot, and this one looks like it would be a lot of fun.

Here's a link to something I posted in the User Review section:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=74529

Thanks in advance !

Guy

I'm an app-oholic! And there's no 12-step program...
IAPs = I Ain't Purchasing, son !
02-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
I have just noticed something else that could do with addressing in an update . The leaderboards need to be separated into the different difficulty levels .
Well, that's an internal discussion we've had here several times. Different difficulty levels assign different values to letters, so they "should" be comparable (meaning, forming the same word is harder in a harder level thus it gives you more points). But maybe the values they assign are not perfectly balanced with the increase in difficulty... We'll ruminate this a bit more, since I personally understand the point but don't like the idea of spawning 4 leaderboards per game mode (now we have 2, but we may have more in future updates...). Not because it is hard (as a matter of fact it is quite easy adding them), but because such a compartmentalized set of information would mean nothing to users (people will not "dive" regularly into 8, 12 or 16 leaderboards to check their rank...).

Maybe another approach is analyzing if point multipliers are correctly balanced with the game difficulty. Right now, they are:
- Easy: x1
- Normal: x2
- Hard: x3
- Insane: x5

That means for example that a "Z" that is worth 10 points in English/Easy is worth 30 points in English/Hard.

Last edited by Rula; 02-11-2011 at 01:50 PM. Reason: grammar