★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Firetop Adventure [Platform Game] - Coming Soon

View Poll Results: For a retro-arcade-platformer, do the buttons in this game look fine, or terrible?
Just fine 4 28.57%
Terrible 10 71.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll
02-12-2011, 10:29 AM
Firetop Adventure [Platform Game] - Coming Soon

** EDIT: new video available here: http://www.facebook.com/video/video....44056&comments

Inogames presents a short preview of our newest game 'Firetop Adventure'. This game will be ready for release in ~8weeks, here are a few details and screen shots. Feedback, ideally of the constructive type is most welcome

Firetop Adventure for iPhone & iPod Touch is a fast paced retro-style arcade-puzzle platform game featuring many different challenges across three different chapters.

Firetop Adventure takes place in a world cursed by a deadly plague caused by the minions of Old Karn, an ancient and supernatural evil. Your job is to find the three pieces of the Rubin Amulet, which, when reunited, can be used to gain entrance to Old Karn's tomb, where you can then do away with him.

Two Modes of Play:
The game features two modes of play, Story Mode and Score Mode. Story Mode tells the story of Firetop Adventure and allows you to unlock levels for the more frantic Score Mode side of the game.

Score mode works very differently from Story Mode. Namely, you start off with only a small amount of time on the clock and you receive extra precious seconds for each pot of gold picked up. As you progress through the levels you receive additional time penalties making for an often-frantic game! Additional special pick-up objects help you to boost your score and complete levels quickly!

The game includes
  • 30 Story Levels over 3 chapters
  • 150 Score Mode levels
  • Auto-saves progress
  • Intuitive & responsive controls.

You can follow my progress on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Inogames/117912024944056 where there are also some more screen shots and obviously I'll post here when there are Promo Codes available

Last edited by Kodo; 02-21-2011 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Name of game has changed, added link to video
02-12-2011, 06:33 PM

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!

02-12-2011, 08:37 PM
The controls look eh, I don't really wanna say..
02-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by bmdino View Post
The controls look eh, I don't really wanna say..
lol bmdino, thanks for the comment While they might not look great the game only requires left and right movement plus jump, very simple and accessible. For this they do the job very well, I felt a joystick would over complicate things and tilt controls for a retro-platformer I thought would be a bit odd. Was it the style of the buttons or was it just the idea of using separate buttons to control movement that you didn't like?

inogames - Follow my progress on Facebook
02-12-2011, 08:54 PM
For a brief moment I got excited. But this appears to have nothing to do with the real Mountain King.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
02-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Sorry, you are quite right, it is nothing to do with the old Mountain King game.

The story involves you taking on a demon buried in a volcano, and you collect three crowns, one from each chapter of the game, get all three and you become King, which is how the game got it's name, I have now changed it to an older name I used for a while during development (Firetop Adventure)! Thanks for the heads up! Shame I cant find a way to change the name of the thread

inogames - Follow my progress on Facebook

Last edited by Kodo; 02-12-2011 at 10:28 PM.
02-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
For a brief moment I got excited. But this appears to have nothing to do with the real Mountain King.

I thought the same exact thing!

I used to play Mountain King on my 2600 when I was a kid.
02-12-2011, 11:08 PM
The game itself looks great but those controls don't look to convincing.
02-12-2011, 11:19 PM
*cough* *cough* Smaller more stylish buttons... *cough*
02-13-2011, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
*cough* *cough* Smaller more stylish buttons... *cough*
I would have to agree. I don't like judging games based on just images alone but those controls/buttons are enough reason to keep me away from it.