Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-13-2011, 01:26 AM

Default Cart Cow HD: Physics+Drawing Action! *Video inside*

Hi there,

"Cart Cow" / "Cart Cow HD" is on the App Store now!

See some video footage from the iPad version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuZebm0JSnA

Youtube link | Pop Up

Get ready for a hilarious breakneck ride!

http://itunes.apple.com/app/CartCowHD/id417699643?mt=8

Cheers,
Thomas

Gamesmold

Last edited by Gamesmold; 04-14-2011 at 06:25 AM.. Reason: App update has been posted
Old 02-13-2011, 02:32 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

This looks like it could be pretty fun
Old 02-13-2011, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
This looks like it could be pretty fun
It is. Actually, I can't stop playing it myself, even though I know every single one of the 60 levels by heart.
I guess what makes this game so addicting is that when you play a level, you either succeed - or you're just having fun watching the cow fall off always in a slightly different way... Both is quite entertaining...
Old 02-13-2011, 08:26 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamesmold View Post
It is. Actually, I can't stop playing it myself, even though I know every single one of the 60 levels by heart.
I guess what makes this game so addicting is that when you play a level, you either succeed - or you're just having fun watching the cow fall off always in a slightly different way... Both is quite entertaining...
Cool you've sold me I like this type of game
Old 02-13-2011, 09:50 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Ok picked this up and it is a very good physics game along the same lines as games like crayon physics but in my opinion better due too the graphics I like the way the scoring goes too you have too pick leafs on route and you also get one for keeping the cow in the trolley . One thing I would like sorting out though is the loading time of the levels which for some reason for a game of this type are longer than you would expect .
Old 02-13-2011, 10:52 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

A friend has gifted this to me and specifically asked me to review it on my gaming blog (see sig). I'll play it later this evening (UK time) and review it once I've experienced enough of the cow guiding antics to be able to form a valid opinion. I'll let you know when the review is done. I'll also put a review in the UK app store while I'm at it.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:08 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I also picked this up and like it. Is there a quick way to restart without having to pause? If I make a mistake, I would like to just hit an on screen button for a quick restart.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:11 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
I also picked this up and like it. Is there a quick way to restart without having to pause? If I make a mistake, I would like to just hit an on screen button for a quick restart.
Yeah I thought that myself could also do with being able too erase the lines by double tapping on them like some other games
Old 02-13-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Thanks for the positive Feedback!
Yes, at the moment, erasing only works with the reset button in the pause menu. So it's two tabs. I had been thinking about an on-screen instant-erase-button. To erase everything with a single touch. But I was a bit worried that the player could touch such a button accidentially - therefore I had put it in the pause menu, just to make sure.
But maybe this button is a feature for the first update!
Old 02-13-2011, 02:43 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I'm very sorry about this but after playing for a while I've come up with quite a list of bugs and issues. I'm going to postpone reviewing this on my blog or app store to give you a chance to iron out these initial problems.

I really like the graphics and the style of the game - Gary Larson meets Crayon Physics! My comments below may appear highly critical but if I didn't think the game would benefit from a few tweaks (because that's all it probably is) I wouldn't bother mentioning them.

Here's my list ...

Inconsistency - Cow doesn't behave consistently on the default landscape from one run to the next. Example - ski slope type level - sometimes it doesn't even make it to the bottom of the slope without falling out of the cart.

Line drawing - it's impossible to draw a straight line. The little ripples and bumps, particularly at slow speed, can cause the cart to stop or judder when you wouldn't want it to. At higher speeds it can flip. It would be nice to have a toggle between "draw a straight line" and freehand mode. The straight line mode would ideally have you anchor the line with the first touch, then drag a line out to a destination anchor point where you release your touch on the screen.

Bug - On any "goat" screen you can be upside down, falling out, or even completely out of the cart when the goat butts you and you automatically go back into the cart on contact with the goat. Helpful, but a bit illogical.

Scrolling - you can't scroll the screen to see what's over on the right. Obstacles and goals are often hidden off the right of the screen. You have to find out on the first go and then remember what was there. A two-finger scroll, or scroll arrows at the bottom of the screen would be good.

Undo - you can't undo a line. This is fairly essential. If you're adding undo, include redo while you’re at it.

Please! - include the option to restart with the last set of lines intact but with the option to erase lines. I hate drawing an almost perfect set of lines, hitting a tiny lump in one, failing, then having to draw the whole lot again.

Bobbles on the end of lines - when you draw a line, it automatically has a little lump on each end. This can cause the cart to flip or stop. Maybe this is intentional but it is mostly annoying and can ruin what you thought was a well-drawn line.

Failure states - it isn't clear why you sometimes fail. Also, I've had the cow telling me to "try again" at the same time as I've been awarded a gold medal. The introduction of the flags that you need to stay near while they raise is not made clear until you fail it a few times and figure it out. Probably deliberate, not necessarily user-friendly.

Loading times - between every action, including restarting a level and going back to the level select, there is a noticeable lag that very soon becomes frustrating, particularly when combined with the other issues mentioned above.

A fun one to finish ...

Bug - The level select is available on the menu splash screen. Try it - on level select, hover over where a level number is, then go back to the menu splash screen and tap the screen in that place.