★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: KONAMI
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 10.1 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: $3.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: INTRODUCING THE NEW BOMBERMAN for iPhone/iPod touch!
BOMB UP against enemies, Grab power-ups for that extra edge in the bombalicious battles!

What's Bomberman
"Bomberman" is a fun-for-all action game where players run around a grid-like level,
setting bombs to blast the other players with its blasts.

DOJO MODE
"OFFICIAL"--Try to clear 50 stages of bomb battle and bestow the honor of the title, "Meijin",
which is given to the best of Bombermen who arrived at the top of the Tower of Bobal.
"TRAINING" --Go for the hi-score and hi-rank.

EDIT MODE
Bomberman Dojo also includes an exclusive map editor so that you can tweak stages or create new
stages from scratch! Your customized stages can be uploaded to the server and can be downloaded
to be shared with friends or anyone around the globe!

GameCenter/OpenFeint
Bomberman Dojo supports GameCenter/Openfeint.

freedog's comments:

Video Review for Android version but it looks similar to iphone screens:

02-14-2011, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post

Video Review for Android version but it looks similar to iphone screens:
Well, the reviewers in that video, (wacky guys), aren't too thrilled about the Android version of this Bomberman game... Mainly the lack of of multiplayer bugs them. I would agree with that. Bomberman without multiplayer is a no buy for me.
Otherwise, I would love Bomberman on iPhone/iPad....

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable."
Aaron Copland

02-15-2011, 11:57 AM
So, by any chance has anyone else downloaded this? I love bomberman and am willing to give this a shot, but figured I'd ask to see if anyone had some more insight to the game, in particular the controls.

Gamecenter: MicroByte
Jetpack Joyride: all 125 medals :: Golden Tophat winner :: Special Half-Brick Prize
Playing: Sonic Racing Transformed | Giant Boulder of Death | Dead Trigger 2 | Jetpack Joyride
02-15-2011, 01:48 PM
All I want is a decent multiplayer Bomberman for the iDevices... Is that really so much to ask for Hudson?!

I saw this, got excited, and then realized: It's another campaign-based Bomberman. Really, the WiiWare version could EASILY make it onto iDevices! Once we get that, I'm in!

Currently playing : NOVA 2, Real Racing 2, Jenga, Queen's Crown, NBA Jam
02-15-2011, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lautron View Post
All I want is a decent multiplayer Bomberman for the iDevices... Is that really so much to ask for Hudson?!

I saw this, got excited, and then realized: It's another campaign-based Bomberman. Really, the WiiWare version could EASILY make it onto iDevices! Once we get that, I'm in!
Yeah I love the WiiWare version. I bet the iOS could take it.
02-15-2011, 02:41 PM
There's not much point to a Bomberman with no multiplayer.

I bet the TG16 version is better than this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
02-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdino View Post
Yeah I love the WiiWare version. I bet the iOS could take it.
Or they could just port/translate Super Bomber 3 4 5 or 6 from the SNES. Any of those would be awesome.

i'm a pretty kitty cat

Last edited by SkyMuffin; 02-18-2011 at 08:56 AM.
02-15-2011, 07:15 PM
I agree with the reviewers in the YouTube video. The make or break is the multiplayer. No point in buying Bomberman without the multiplayer functionality. I mean, not even WiFi with friends?
02-15-2011, 08:10 PM
I bought it and I like it, although there are some issues.

Graphics are dull looking and as mentioned there is no multiplayer. However, there is Openfeint and GameCenter and the ability to create, share and download maps. I mainly bought this to make maps and this feature works well.

Controls are pretty good and this game works well on the iPad. The dojo mode is fun and is set up in a simplistic rogue type fashion.

I am happy with it for $3 and IMO it is better than the other two Bomberman games in the store.