★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[Chillingo+NewFX Games] Mad Wheels new action top down racer

02-14-2011, 04:31 AM
[Chillingo+NewFX Games] Mad Wheels new action top down racer

Hi everyone!

Today NewFX Games announces its next action-racing game "Mad Wheels". For those familiar with our pedigree: Mad Wheels will be Horror Racing on steroids. For those who are not: Mad Wheels is a top-down action racing game that allows you to blow your foes to smithereens whilst still trying to win the race!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Feel the tight turns, dodge every obstacle and avoid the devastating explosive rockets. Each car has a unique super weapon that allows you to play dirty if need be. If your more of a brawler, each car can use whatever machinery they were built with to cause destruction.

You'll get the following at your disposal:

* A bunch of vehicles each with unique combat abilities
* 5 different level environments
* Online scoreboards
* Wi-fi multiplayer
* A high-octane high-adrenaline race!

Support for all iDevices: iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad and it will still run smoothly on older devices.

Also we are glad to announce that the game will be published by Chillingo - Leading Independent Games Publisher and division of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS). "We're happy to collaborate with NewFX Games team on such a promising project" - Chris Byatte, General Manager of Chillingo.

At this moment in time the core game engine is almost complete, but there is still a lot of work left. We're experimenting with some features, polishing the gameplay and doing our best to make sure you will get the most of your playing experience!

Stay tuned and keep your eyes peeled for Mad Wheels!

re-post: http://newfxgames.com/node/24

Last edited by Vinnie@[NewFX]; 07-27-2011 at 06:52 AM.
02-14-2011, 05:39 AM
Nice! Looks promising..!

Playing:Carcassonne, Letterpress, Trigger Fist, Dungeon Story, Rebuild, Pen and Paper
Game Center/Openfeint/Plus+/Crystal/Agon/Gameloft Live: tonydeli7
Member of the Beta Tester Alliance Games/Apps I Have Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @tonydeli7

02-14-2011, 05:42 AM
I am surely getting it Vinnie!
Glad to hear the news

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys
02-14-2011, 05:51 AM
Looks awesome guys. Great potential anyway.

Rock N Roll racing style. A little anyway.

(GC = BUNGLEZ) (OF = farmersuitical) (Plus+ = bungle747) (Crystal = bunglez)

I review apps and games frequently in the UK app store, and here on the forums. If you want anything reviewed, just ask.
02-14-2011, 07:36 AM
Thanx guys )

Communication manager @http://newfxgames.com
02-14-2011, 10:57 AM
Not bad! The graphics aren't exactly stunning though (Enviroments look empty and have no shaddows), but otherwise it looks like a fun game!

Last edited by Der-Kleine; 02-14-2011 at 10:59 AM.
02-14-2011, 11:56 AM
yeah graphics need to be upped a bit in order to make me purchase. also this games speed is so slow, it needs to be faster as well cuz in that video it feels as if the cars are going 20mph
02-14-2011, 12:19 PM
I don't have a problem with the graphics, but I fully agree about the speed. It almost looks like the game footage was captured in slow-motion.

I loved Rock 'n Roll Racing back in the day, and keep hoping someone will create a worthy successor.
02-15-2011, 02:44 AM
Looks nice. How many vehicles are there in the game?
02-15-2011, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamphetamine View Post
yeah graphics need to be upped a bit in order to make me purchase. also this games speed is so slow, it needs to be faster as well cuz in that video it feels as if the cars are going 20mph
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rock View Post
I don't have a problem with the graphics, but I fully agree about the speed. It almost looks like the game footage was captured in slow-motion.

I loved Rock 'n Roll Racing back in the day, and keep hoping someone will create a worthy successor.
Please, keep in mind that the graphics are still work in progress and will be improved. And don't worry about speed - due to genre specifics it can't be too fast, but even in current state (racing+combat) it feels very intense, at least in our testers' experience. Still, vehicle behavior and combat system will be tuned further during upcoming balancing stage. Chillingo's producing team will assist us in this process.

And thank you for the feedback!

Communication manager @http://newfxgames.com