★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: i4nApps
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 71.8 MB
  • Version: 3.6
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Behold the classics of strategic board games!
Master the battlefield and capture the flag!

The rules are simple - line up your army and do your best to capture enemy's flag.
Some units have special abilities, so use them wisely.

Features:

Universal application [all-device-for-one-price]
Runs on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
Graphics adjusted for iPad screen size

Right formation is 50% of success
Create and save your custom formations in cloud
Dozens of preset formations

Challenging AI
3 Levels

Multiplayer
Pass & Play
Wi-Fi
Bluetooth
Online (Internet)
Game Center

Game Center support
Leaderboards
Achievements
02-15-2011, 09:28 AM
This looks interesting, but would like an idea of the general rules before I purchase. Is the dev here?

Game Centre I.D - Scarypharaoh

02-15-2011, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarypharaoh View Post
This looks interesting, but would like an idea of the general rules before I purchase. Is the dev here?
My mistake. Here's a quote from another thread (iPad games)
Quote:
Looks like Stratego to me. (A game that would work great as an iOS game IMO!)

The object is to capture the opponent's flag. You're given a flag of your own, a few bombs, and soldier pieces of various strength and some with special abilities (like defusing bombs). You need to arrange your side of the board using your soldiers and bombs to protect your flag. You cannot see the opponent pieces. Once you've placed your pieces on the board, you move the pieces towards each other. When two pieces land on the same spot on the board, you reveal the pieces and the highest strength wins. If you hit a bomb spot and you don't have one of the soldiers that is capable of difusing bombs, then the soldier loses. So, it's a game of strategy...arranging your pieces, moving the appropriate pieces, and then attacking your opponent pieces. The original game is great fun, still one of my favorites. If this is anything like the original, then it could be pretty awesome.
And this web site has official rules (http://www.isfstratego.com/)

Also, I already posted warning in another thread, there's a bug with multiplayer in current version. The 0.2 update will be available soon (1.5 weeks tops) fixing that bug.
02-15-2011, 10:55 AM
It looks interesting, but I think I would have a tough time remembering which piece was which just by the hat differences.
02-15-2011, 11:21 AM
So it's basically a Stratego clone?

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
02-22-2011, 04:23 PM
As posted in the iPad thread (should these be merged?), this is free right now - everyone should pick this one up!
02-23-2011, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cplr View Post
As posted in the iPad thread (should these be merged?), this is free right now - everyone should pick this one up!
is it possible to merge threads?
I was looking for something like Universal Games, but there's no such thing, so posted it 2 times.