★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

American Idol Game

03-30-2009, 08:47 PM
American Idol Game

You knew it would happen eventually. American Idol will have a game for the iPhone/iPod Touch. Unfortunately, it isn't what you think. You'd think it would be something like singstar or karaoke revolution, but it isn't. Instead, you must use strategy and decision making to do well. Instead of singing (which could be done with 2.0 touches and iPhones), you must tilt your way though the song. I know, what a dissapointment...

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/160...10/story.jhtml

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
03-30-2009, 08:52 PM
You tilt your way through a song? Maybe instead of strumming in Guitar Hero we should kinda lean to a side.
03-30-2009, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
You knew it would happen eventually. American Idol will have a game for the iPhone/iPod Touch. Unfortunately, it isn't what you think. You'd think it would be something like singstar or karaoke revolution, but it isn't. Instead, you must use strategy and decision making to do well. Instead of singing (which could be done with 2.0 touches and iPhones), you must tilt your way though the song. I know, what a dissapointment...

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/160...10/story.jhtml
sounds like just a bland tilt game with the american idol sticker to make it sell well . . .
03-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anduril_ukr View Post
sounds like just a bland tilt game with the american idol sticker to make it sell well . . .
Oh wait, that IS what it is...

First game in progress...
04-01-2009, 01:22 AM
American Idol is such a fake rigged show. Whoever the judges don't like for whatever reason get kicked off even if they have the best voices its all about the wacky judges behind the scenes rigging. I.m guessing Simon is out to make another buck off the name with this app. in royalties.