★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Undead, Agency Wars, Mafia: Choose your Favorite MMO

View Poll Results: Which MMO is your absolute favorite?
Undead Live 3 17.65%
Agency Wars 2 11.76%
iEmpire 0 0%
Mafia Live 1 5.88%
Mafia: Respect & Retaliation 0 0%
iMobsters 1 5.88%
iMob Online 3 17.65%
iMafia 5 29.41%
iVampires 2 11.76%
Werewolf 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll
03-30-2009, 09:59 PM
#1
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Los Angeles, Ca.
Posts: 290
Undead, Agency Wars, Mafia: Choose your Favorite MMO

With an ever growing amount of these MMO's arriving on iphone, which one is your favorite and how would you rank them in order from best to least?

Undead live was my first experience with these games. It was free and I thought it would have zombies in it. No such luck on the zombies, but it turned out to be an excellent game either way.

Now I am thinking of jumping into Agency Wars. Does anyone play more than one of these games at a time, if so, how many, which ones? Any recommendations when it comes to the Mafia ones? There are a few to choose from. Should I hold out for Mobsters(not to be confused with iMobsters which is already on the iPhone)? I heard it was the biggest one on facebook and is headed to the iPhone soon.

I know I missed Warlords, please let me know if I missed any others you enjoy?

If you already play Undead Live, is it worth it to play Werewolf or iVampires?

Last edited by LordCrom; 03-30-2009 at 10:09 PM.
03-30-2009, 10:10 PM
#2
I never got into the Mafia MMO, so I can't comment on them but I do like Agency Wars. I think it is one of the better MMO's. The spy theme is fantastic and it's fun to do missions around the world. It's different and sets itself apart from the other two MMO's but sadly level jumpers still exist. People always have to cheat.

iVampire is superior to Undead Live in every way. Way better interface, very attractive setup, in full color, you can read people's bulletins, things are updated in real time. It's refreshing to see that in contrast to Undead's horrible GUI and outdated graphics. Also, everyone is on the same level in iVampire unlike Undead live. The difference here is the amount of people in your clan. I saw people with level 300 which obviously means they bought their way in. Be that as it may, it's still not as unbalanced as Undead live is.

For instance, your skills, many of them require no upkeep like in undead live and their weapons etc. You can buy some items in iVampire and it won't constantly take money away from you every hour like in Undead live. You can even buy properties that give you an hourly income.

I would recommend iVampire instead. Something tells me, this is not the last of the horror trend in MMO's.

Undead Live is not that bad if it weren't for the very unfair fighting. People are bullies. One person incessantly fought me causing me to lose a million dollars. I couldn't stop the person and because I was nearly broke, I couldn't fight him back. When I did get money again, there he was fighting me again. I didn't have enough to put a bounty on him because I kept LOOSING cash thanks to him. Ugh lol.

I plan to delete Undead live off my ipod to be honest.

I did have imafia for a brief time on my ipod and found it to be sorta boring.

03-30-2009, 10:20 PM
#3
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Los Angeles, Ca.
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩 View Post
I never got into the Mafia MMO, so I can't comment on them but I do like Agency Wars. I think it is one of the better MMO's. The spy theme is fantastic and it's fun to do missions around the world. It's different and sets itself apart from the other two MMO's but sadly level jumpers still exist. People always have to cheat.

iVampire is superior to Undead Live in every way. Way better interface, very attractive setup, in full color, you can read people's bulletins, things are updated in real time. It's refreshing to see that in contrast to Undead's horrible GUI and outdated graphics. Also, everyone is on the same level in iVampire unlike Undead live. The difference here is the amount of people in your clan. I saw people with level 300 which obviously means they bought their way in. Be that as it may, it's still not as unbalanced as Undead live is.

For instance, your skills, many of them require no upkeep like in undead live and their weapons etc. You can buy some items in iVampire and it won't constantly take money away from you every hour like in Undead live. You can even buy properties that give you an hourly income.

I would recommend iVampire instead. Something tells me, this is not the last of the horror trend in MMO's.

Undead Live is not that bad if it weren't for the very unfair fighting. People are bullies. One person incessantly fought me causing me to lose a million dollars. I couldn't stop the person and because I was nearly broke, I couldn't fight him back. When I did get money again, there he was fighting me again. I didn't have enough to put a bounty on him because I kept LOOSING cash thanks to him. Ugh lol.

I plan to delete Undead live off my ipod to be honest.

I did have imafia for a brief time on my ipod and found it to be sorta boring.

Wow! That is a ton of excellent information I was completely unaware of. Thank you Candy! You have given me a whole new insight on Undead Live. Not knowing the improvements I was missing with a game like iVampires and Agency Wars, I want to check those out now. Score!
03-30-2009, 10:21 PM
#4
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: U.S.
Posts: 667
Right now the only one I'm playing is Undead Live...but I've been really into it the last couple days .

Also, with Candy's seal of approval, I'll be playing iVampire soon...idk, it just looked really goth to me...but whatever.

Playing: Undead Vampire: 239404497/kiwi91@rocketmail.com MGS Touch, Let's Golf, G.I. Joyride, Space Ninja, Scoops, Textropolis, Hanoi, Agency Wars 5958, Watchmen, Flick Fishing, Light Jockey, GeoDefense, SkyForce Reloaded, Supermarket Mania, Zen Bound, Edge, Sway, 7 Cities, The Creeps!, iDracula, ExZeus, Tap Tap Revenge 2
03-30-2009, 10:27 PM
#5
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrom View Post
With an ever growing amount of these MMO's arriving on iphone, which one is your favorite and how would you rank them in order from best to least?

Undead live was my first experience with these games. It was free and I thought it would have zombies in it. No such luck on the zombies, but it turned out to be an excellent game either way.

Now I am thinking of jumping into Agency Wars. Does anyone play more than one of these games at a time, if so, how many, which ones? Any recommendations when it comes to the Mafia ones? There are a few to choose from. Should I hold out for Mobsters(not to be confused with iMobsters which is already on the iPhone)? I heard it was the biggest one on facebook and is headed to the iPhone soon.

I know I missed Warlords, please let me know if I missed any others you enjoy?

If you already play Undead Live, is it worth it to play Werewolf or iVampires?
The big Mobsters game you're talking about is from MySpace. The big one on Facebook is called Mob Wars. Almost all of these games are just clones of each other with GUI differences. Imafia was the only one that truly could have been different, but I think Playmesh's lack of experience will ultimately be their downfall. I'm still hoping that a new dev will come in and get the formula right.
03-30-2009, 10:30 PM
#6
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Los Angeles, Ca.
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmx View Post
The big Mobsters game you're talking about is from MySpace. The big one on Facebook is called Mob Wars. Almost all of these games are just clones of each other with GUI differences. Imafia was the only one that truly could have been different, but I think Playmesh's lack of experience will ultimately be their downfall. I'm still hoping that a new dev will come in and get the formula right.
Thanks for the correction Pharmx!
03-30-2009, 10:44 PM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi91 View Post
Right now the only one I'm playing is Undead Live...but I've been really into it the last couple days .

Also, with Candy's seal of approval, I'll be playing iVampire soon...idk, it just looked really goth to me...but whatever.
hehe It is a in a way but it's still addictive lol.

I wonder how many of these MMO's there will before the year is out? I can't imagine.
03-31-2009, 06:29 AM
#8
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Los Angeles, Ca.
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩 View Post
hehe It is a in a way but it's still addictive lol.

I wonder how many of these MMO's there will before the year is out? I can't imagine.
There are around 15 now. I will go out on a limb and guess......30 by the end of the year.

Thanks for the recommendations on Agency Wars and iVampires Candy! I have downloaded both of them. I will let you know soon if I enjoy them more than Undead Live!
03-31-2009, 09:33 AM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrom View Post
There are around 15 now. I will go out on a limb and guess......30 by the end of the year.

Thanks for the recommendations on Agency Wars and iVampires Candy! I have downloaded both of them. I will let you know soon if I enjoy them more than Undead Live!
My pleasure Lord! I look forward to your impressions of them