★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: PAN Vision AB
  • Genre: Music
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 18.5 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (3)
App description: ## Featured in over 450 stores worldwide!

Welcome to Mariachi Hero, the game where you dance to survive!

Play as El Mariachi or La Mariacha, use your sixshooters and dance skills to stay alive in this crazy rhythm game! Squash bugs to the beat of beautifully recreated mariachi classics! Pit your skills against thousands of other players via Game Center, or beat your friends' scores on Facebook.

## FEATURES ##
- Game Center leaderboards
- Facebook integration
- Great mariachi music
- Millions of cockroaches- An endless number of levels
- Two bonus game levels, where you can rest your blistering feet and instead swipe away and shoot some more roaches!

Become a fan of Mariachi Hero on facebook.com/MariachiHero

More cool games by PAN Vision
- Pirates vs Ninjas vs Zombies vs Pandas
- World in War

Follow us on Twitter.com/PANVision
Like us on Facebook.com/PANVision
More information on www.panvisiongames.com

FredrikReinius's comments:
Our latest game Mariachi Hero is out on the App Store worldwide!

It's also available for iPad, so go get it and start posting your scores to facebook. My record is 639 122
02-21-2011, 08:00 AM
To get the ball rolling a bit I thought lets give out some free copies of the game

EW4PW4L6FNKL
H7HWXHEEPP6P
4XXF47L4JFWP
TMYJYR6A9TTH
73PRTARW4JXF

All iPhone codes.
Have fun!

Community & Marketing manager @ PAN Vision
Out now: Pigs in Trees, Piclings, PvNvZvP, Ionocraft Racing & more...
Coming soon: Seaport
Talk: Facebook.com/PANVision, Twitter.com/PANVision

02-21-2011, 08:06 AM
Thanks! Took TMYJYR6A9TTH, will post impressions soon.
02-21-2011, 08:15 AM
4XXF47L4JFWP taken. will review

Plus+/openfeint: nesio718 Game Center: panama chief
Playing: this new iPad....DAT RETINA!!!
Waiting for: SALES!!!!
02-21-2011, 08:16 AM
I'm testing it with H7HWXHEEPP6P. Thanks.

(GC = BUNGLEZ) (OF = farmersuitical) (Plus+ = bungle747) (Crystal = bunglez)

I review apps and games frequently in the UK app store, and here on the forums. If you want anything reviewed, just ask.
02-21-2011, 09:28 AM
One of the issues I'm facing so far is that since the bugs appear from the lower half of the screen, my thumb/s routinely prevent me from seeing the play area and incoming bugs/bombs. Of course, the solution to this is playing the game upside down... something I've been doing (thankfully the game does not support reverse portrait orientation).

Other than that the music and graphics are great, nice animations for the hero/heroine and fun minigames to intersperse the rhythm action.
02-21-2011, 09:53 AM
All codes are taken just to let people know don't bother trying them out.

Looks like a cool game! Congrats on the release, devs!

Favorite developers: Grumpyface, Michael Brough, Rocketcat, Donut Games, Nitrome, Orange Pixel, Radiangames, Llamasoft (come back!)
02-21-2011, 09:56 AM
looks cool,but not too long game?
02-21-2011, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
One of the issues I'm facing so far is that since the bugs appear from the lower half of the screen, my thumb/s routinely prevent me from seeing the play area and incoming bugs/bombs. Of course, the solution to this is playing the game upside down... something I've been doing (thankfully the game does not support reverse portrait orientation).

Other than that the music and graphics are great, nice animations for the hero/heroine and fun minigames to intersperse the rhythm action.
Yeah I imagine it would be a problem I have the the iPad version where it's not such an issue due too screen size
02-21-2011, 10:17 AM
WOWOW. I didnt think I'd be impressed by this game at all, but I have been proven wrong. To anyone that had a Dreamcast or even a Wii now, and had the pleasure of playing Samba de Amigo; you now have an iOS version with Mariachi Hero!!

It is a rhythm game where bugs are approaching with the beat. It is your job to squish them on time and to the rhythm(which is shown when the white dot turns red). Along with that you have bottles and other object that fly by overhead tempting you to shoot them to gain extra points. Bombs follow the same path as the bugs but do not offer the red dot, so its your job to shoot them on the beat. You have a multiplier/health bar at the top of the screen that actually carries over to the next stage, so you should try doing your best.

At the end of each of the levels i beat was a different type minigame ranging from swiping bugs off the hero, to shooting them "point blank" style and pressig your gun to reload. i only got to level 3 but had alot of fun with it. I must mention that so far it has been nothing but mexican themed music. Given the title, look, and general theme of the game I dont expect to run into any other types(but i would love a few hidden classics to add more variety).

There are Game Center leaderboards, but they arent for each individual song. Also there are no achievements which is kind of disappointing when they could be placed for things like a perfect run, or coming back from having your health bar on red. In all, the game is a blast to play and i look forward to the next round of song they have lined up to release.

Plus+/openfeint: nesio718 Game Center: panama chief
Playing: this new iPad....DAT RETINA!!!
Waiting for: SALES!!!!