★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Seed, new RPG by Chillingo

03-31-2009, 01:16 AM
Send a message via MSN to Forerunnerz
Seed, new RPG by Chillingo

Quote:
Chris Byatte (head honcho over at Chillingo) is a delightful chap and, not unlike a pinata, everytime we hit him with the stick of journalism something delicious falls out and lands at our feet. Usually screenshots and/or information on one of his many games. So as part of our continuing hunt for a quality iPhone RPG experience we decided to enquire about SEED: Story Of Kalikoop Part.1, a game we assumed to be an RPG because of the artwork displayed on Chillingos official site.

SEED is in fact a "deluxe port" of an already existing mobile game. We did not know this. Here is some information about it straight from the horses mouth (note: No actual horses were involved)

- Take on a exciting journey on this breath-taking world, with each and every step will be fresh
and memorable.

- There are 4 different weapon types to choose from, and together with the intense skill system,
you will shape your character as openly as you can.

- 22 unique towns, and 150 different battle fields around the world are ready for you to conquer.
Take 'Ship', or 'Air Balloon' to make the travel easier.

- Day and night changes in real-time. Some quests can only be done in the night, and your battle
experience changes from the day to the night.

- Water, Wind, Earth, and Fire are 4 major elements that affects your combat.

- Character's appearance changes not just by equipping different armor, but the weapon you carry
also changes the appearance. This will be visually pleasing, but you may feel more attached to
your unique characters, too.

- Collect Rare items, and Set items. And through Sockets, Compounding, and Refining, your
collection will be something that you can be proud of.

Sounds interesting. SEED will soon have stiff competition from another great looking mobile port in the form of Zenonia so it will be interesting to see which game comes out on top. Until then however feast your eyes on these screens from the iPhone version...

Source

Currently playing: TouchKO, Castle of Magic, and Resident Evil 4.
Plus+ gamername: Forerunnerz
03-31-2009, 01:23 AM
ummm... not too sure about their RPGs. Inotia and DH are both just so-so. They stand out because there's not many RPG in the AppStore right now, but if you compare them to Zelda, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest and all those high caliber RPGs, they're really bad.

Hopefully this would be better than their previous attempts.

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.

03-31-2009, 01:32 AM
If anything the graphics look much better than the other RPGs.
03-31-2009, 01:42 AM
It's dfrom the same dev as dungeon and hero. When I tried looking for info on the game, it appeared well liked over seas.
03-31-2009, 02:06 AM
i think this looks pretty good. Might be an auto buy for me as i am missing an rpg. Depends on price
03-31-2009, 02:36 AM
I want to know if this is simply polishing up the old mobile game or are they redoing the graphics and animation? Cause the old mobile game looks terrible. Plus I was hoping this game would look and animate better than Zenonia (which is an old game running on weak ass phones back in the day).
03-31-2009, 10:19 AM
This one actually looks pretty good. As other people have posted.....there really are not many good RPG's in the app store (I have bought almost all of them) so this would be welcomed. I am still dying for something along the original final fantasy series. We will see!

My Original Music: https://soundcloud.com/no-fury
Gaming Device: iPhone 6 - iPad Air 2
03-31-2009, 01:26 PM
sounds pretty good, but i think that zenonia is more visually appealing

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
03-31-2009, 02:08 PM
Send a message via MSN to Forerunnerz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
sounds pretty good, but i think that zenonia is more visually appealing
Same, but then again, I don't think it's from Chillingo. They have bad reputation with RPG's. Let's just wait and see if this is better then their previous RPG's(Dungeon and Hero & Chronicles of Inotia).

Currently playing: TouchKO, Castle of Magic, and Resident Evil 4.
Plus+ gamername: Forerunnerz
03-31-2009, 02:12 PM
Chronicles Of Inotia was nothing to do with Chillingo, I believe that was Com2Us

I too am more excited about Zenonia though, will be hard to make a fair opinion until we see video of SEED.